Eileen
writing practice( topic: having babies) Question: Nowadays men and women in different countries decide to have babies at an older age. What are the reasons? What effects does this trend have on society and family life? Answer: As far as I am concerned, there are 3 reasons why having babies at an older age has become a tendency all over the world and this trend obviously will make differences to society and family life. These 3 reasons are equally important, so I will just list them in an random order. Firstly, a lot of young couples can't afford a baby since they haven't started their career for a long time and generally the salary isn't very high. After they pay the rent and other bills, there's little money left. Since in many countries it takes more money to raise a child now, this financial issue is more likely to become a killer . Secondly, people may want to travel around the world or study for a higher degree before they settle down and these are quite common now thanks to the invention of planes and the improvements in the education system, which will make them put off the baby thing, because it's almost impossible to travel around with a little baby and getting a higher degree will need you to really focus. Thirdly, the conception of marriage has changed, which mainly results from women playing a more important role in society.Women are not that hurry any more if they are still single at an older age, surly they will not be as eager to have babies as before,either. Having babies at an older age will change the population instruction. Since there will be a lack of labor for the next decades, people will be supposed to retire at an older age. And compared with young parents , older parents are more mature and are more likely to provide a better life for children. Which will result in a stable society and a fine quality new generation.

writing practice( topic: having babies)

Question:
Nowadays men and women in different countries decide to have babies at an older age. What are the reasons? What effects does this trend have on society and family life?
Answer:
As far as I am concerned, there are 3 reasons why having babies at an older age has become a tendency all over the world and this trend obviously will make differences to society and family life.
These 3 reasons are equally important, so I will just list them in an random order.
Firstly, a lot of young couples can't afford a baby since they haven't started been working 1* their career for a long time and generally the salary isn't very high. After they pay the rent and other bills, there's little money left. Since in many countries it takes more money to raise a child now, this financial issue is more likely to become a killer  serious obstacle*2 .
Secondly, people may want to travel around the world or study for a higher degree before they settle down. and these are This is quite common now thanks to the invention of planes and the improvements in the education system, which will make them put off the baby thing3* having a baby, because it's almost impossible to travel around with a little baby and to getting a higher degree will need you to really focus.
Thirdly, the conception of marriage has changed, which mainly results from women playing a more important role in society.Women are not that hurry any more if they are still single at an older age, surely they will not be as eager to have babies as before,either.
Having babies at an older age will change the population instruction ??4*. Since there will be a lack of labor for the next decades, people will be supposed to retire at an older age. And compared with young parents , older parents are more mature and are more likely to provide a better life for children. W ,which will result in a stable society and a fine quality new generation5*.

<em>1* or- since it has been a a short time since they started working...</em>

<em>2* killer is the wrong register. Much too informal for this type of writing. </em>

<em>3* the baby thing- correct but too informal.</em>

<em>4* I don't know the expression - The level of education? </em>

<em>5* ok but sounds a bit unnatural maybe- and a better quality of person in the new generation.
</em>

<em>In a lot of exam systems, like Cambridge, level of register is very important. This type of topic requires medium to more formal language. I have indicated more informal language in green. As usual well expressed and nice control of language. Very good clear organisation. Nice use of phrasal verbs, good control of modals and grammar expressions.</em>

writing practice( topic: having babies)

Question:
Answer:
Firstly, a lot of young couples can't afford a baby since they haven't started their career for a long time and generally the salary isn't very high. After they pay the rent and other bills, there's little money left. Since in many countries it takes more money to raise a child now, this financial issue is more likely to become a killer .
Secondly, people may want to travel around the world or study for a higher degree before they settle down and these are quite common now thanks to the invention of planes and the improvements in the education system, which will make them put off the baby thing, because it's almost impossible to travel around with a little baby and getting a higher degree will need you to really focus.
Thirdly, the conception of marriage has changed, which mainly results from women playing a more important role in society.Women are not that hurry any more if they are still single at an older age, surly they will not be as eager to have babies as before,either.
Having babies at an older age will change the population instruction. Since there will be a lack of labor for the next decades, people will be supposed to retire at an older age. And compared with young parents , older parents are more mature and are more likely to provide a better life for children. Which will result in a stable society and a fine quality new generation.

The results of having babies at an elder age include you being supposed to work to an elder age because there will be a lack of newcome labor to take over your work and a more stable society I suppose as  compared with young parents , older parents are more mature and are more likely to provide a better life (in terms of financial situations) for children.

The last paragraph is a disaster.