Sarah
English Text Slang: "Hello" When I speak to other native English speakers through text, they tend to develop "slang" words. They are not proper English, but you might come across them in text. Here are some words that mean the same as "Hello, Hi, or Hey" Hai Hallo Hurro Herro Yo Hiya Heyo Hay Hullo Ey Ello There are NOT proper English, these are slang terms.
I admire your probity, please teach me some proper English =D And happy Memorial Day!
I was strictly referring to text, in my experiences, native English speakers tend not to use "yello" in text. It also depends on the person, I answer the phone with "Hello" or "Hey" and if it's someone I'm familiar with I might say "Yes?" or "Yeah?" when answering the phone.
I meant yello, the one you frequently hear especially on the phone. Sounds funny though. My opinion is languages are alive and thus constantly evolving. Why won't we just let people produce and utilize those "slangs" so that English becomes a little more... entertaining.
Why "ello"? I'm not sure. This is just slang that some English speakers use when they speak in text.
And y...ello?