Gil-seop
Misery, 1990 Recently, the thriller movie "The Silence of the Lambs" led me to the genre. On a portal site, I was recommended to see "Misery", which features two main characters: a famous novelist Paul Sheldon (by James Caan), who was catapulted to stardom by his series "Misery" and an insane ex-nurse Annie Wilkes (by Kathy Bates), who is seriously obsessed by it. One snowy day, a car accident knocks him unconscious. To his relief, she comes across him and takes him to her house. She takes a good care of him, and in return, he lets her read the final manuscript of the series. However, she blows up at the story and decides to confine him to her house. He attempts to escape with injured legs. Since "The Silence of the Lambs" was a marvel, I didn't have too high expectation on the movie. At first, it was rather a slight disappointment because Kathy Bates didn't look like the ill-tempered woman on the poster. However, I fell under the spell of it over time. It was good at everything, but what's so great about it was her stellar performance. It was so realistic that I could totally identify with him and feel disgusted at her as if she was Annie Wilkes herself. It explained how the work could earn her Academy Award for Best Actress.
1

Misery, 1990

Recently, the thriller movie "The Silence of the Lambs" led me to the genre. On a portal site, I was recommended to see "Misery", which features two main characters: a famous novelist Paul Sheldon (by James Caan), who was catapulted to stardom by his series "Misery" and an insane ex-nurse Annie Wilkes (by Kathy Bates), who is seriously obsessed by it.
One snowy day, a car accident knocks him unconscious. To his relief, she comes across him and takes him to her house. She takes a good care of him, and in return, he lets her read the final manuscript of the series. However, she blows up at the story and decides to confine him to her house. He attempts to escape with injured legs.
Since "The Silence of the Lambs" was a marvel,

I didn't have too high expectations on the movie.
*using too before high sounds a little awkward in this scenario 

or "My expectiations for this movie weren't too high"

At first, it was rather a slightly disappointment because Kathy Bates didn't look like the ill-tempered woman on the poster. However, I fell under her spell of it over time. She was good at everything, but what was so great about her, was her stellar performance. It was so realistic that I could totally identify with him and feel disgusted at her as if she was Annie Wilkes herself. It explained how the work could earn her an Academy Award for Best Actress.

------

I still haven't watched the movie yet but i've only heard good things.

you have an excellent grasp of grammar and the use of commas. Just one thing to watch for is using "her/she" over "it".

June 8, 2015