Joyce
My English Teacher(II) Chris learnt lots about China. He understood Chinese and seldom spoke it with us , but his pronouciation was quite standard. Some of us guessed : maybe his Chinese was better than our English. He could play zheng, a typical Chinese old instrument with over 20 strings, playing it would have a wonderful echo. In english corner sometimes we learnt western culture,such as making coffee,tasting wine, cooking steak and so on. Sometimes we also learnt Chinese tradition. one day, lantern festival would be coming, Chris had prepared handmade material for us, including color paper, scissors, glue and candle. He let us made lantern for celebrating. We divided into several groups and started making it. After a while , all kinds of colorful lanterns had finished. We put the candle inside and lit it, the lanterns became beautiful and warm. Chris took care all of us, he often asked young people what's their planing in five years. We liked communicating with him about our confusions and got suggestion from him. One day I said I would learn painting if I was free, he introduced me to his friend there immediately. Every time we studying, casually chatting and having fun, we got to know each other better. The atmosphere always was relaxing and warmth. As time went by, all amazing things must eventually ended, Chris would leave China and move to Netherlands for his new adventure. At last time we were reluctant to say goodbye to Chris, there were around 60 people gathering here , including some people we haven't met for a long time. I sent Chris a hand-painted blue and white porcelain tea cup with cover plate to him as a gift, he smiled and said: when I was free I would use it siping Chinese tea at my new home. Indeed, I was grateful to him, he let me knew more about western culture and was gradually interested in. Everybody took photos with him , he was the real star among us that night.

My English Teacher(II)

Chris learnt lots about China. He understood Chinese but seldom spoke it with us , although his pronunciation was quite standard. Some of us guessed : maybe his Chinese was better than our English. He could play the zheng, a typical old Chinese instrument with over 20 strings, his playing had a wonderful echo[1]. In english corner sometimes we learnt western culture, such as making coffee, tasting wine, cooking steak and so on. Sometimes we also learnt Chinese traditions. one day, when lantern festival was coming, Chris had prepared handmade materials for us, including colored[2] paper, scissors, glue and candles. He let us make lanterns to celebrate. We divided into several groups and started making them. After a while, all kinds of colorful lanterns [had been finished/were finished/were made]. We put the candles inside and lit them, the lanterns became beautiful and warm. 

Chris took care of all of us, he often asked young people what their plans in five years were. We liked communicating with him about our confusions and got suggestions from him. One day I said I would learn painting if I was free, he introduced me to his friend there immediately. Every time we were studying, casually chatting and having fun, we got to know each other better. The atmosphere was always relaxing and warmth. 

Eventually[3], all amazing things must eventually ended, Chris would leave China and move to the Netherlands for his new adventure. At last time we were reluctant to say goodbye to Chris, there were around 60 people gathering here, including some people we hadn't met for a long time. I gave[4] Chris a hand-painted blue and white porcelain tea cup with cover plate to him as a gift, he smiled and said: "when I am free I will use it for sipping Chinese tea at my new home". Indeed, I was grateful to him, he helped me know more about western culture and was gradually interested in[5]. Everybody took photos with him, he was the real star among us that night.

Good work. You mostly got the punctuation spacing correct.

I use red for errors, and green for more natural options.

[1] I think that's what you were trying to say?

[2] That's what we say here. Others may say it differently?

[3] 'as time went by' isn't quite right, as that refers to gradual things, rather than just the end.

[4] 'send' is when you post or courier it somewhere else. If you handed it to him, you 'gave' it to him.

[5] I'm not sure what you mean - but that needs rewording. The way you have it, he(the object of the sentence) was gradually interested.

My chinese teacher's roommate played the zheng for me on my birthday once. That was wonderful!