Lois
Is genetic engineering a path to perdition or prosperity? (1) ( I really hate writing essays about science and technology, with my poor knowledge about these stuff... This is the topic given by my teacher, so basically there is no option. I'd be very appreciative if you could give me some advice on wording, organization of the essay or logic while paying less attention to the content:) ) When theory of relativity was first unveiled, it was much more of a curse than a bless. Nearly all of the established theories were against this newly born one. It was much easier to take it as nonsense rather than truth because once you did, there would be a unprecedentedly huge storm in the whole physical world. However, time tries truth. Einstein’s theory was finally universally recognized. It gave the whole world a big shake by redefining the Newton mechanics, time and universe. Nowadays, this theory, though still criticized for leading to the existence of the notorious nuclear weapons, is widely applied to promote the development of science and technology and make this world a better place to live. Gene engineering seems to be going through the same pattern as the theory of relativity once did. It’s severely condemned for its immoral nature. People feel threatened with the possibility that cloning may break the rules set by nature, thus resulting in the extinction of human beings. But I figure it is a narrow understanding of this revolutionary technology. ( to be continued)

Is genetic engineering a path to perdition or prosperity? (1)

( I really hate writing essays about science and technology, with my poor knowledge about these stuff... This is the topic given by my teacher, so basically there is no option. I'd be very appreciative if you could give me some advice on wording, organization of the essay or logic while paying less attention to the content:) )

When theory of relativity was first unveiled, it was much more of a curse than a blessing. Nearly all of the established theories were against this newly born one. It was much easier to take it as nonsense rather than truth because once you did, there would be an unprecedentedly huge raucous in the whole physical world.

However, time uncovers truth. Einstein’s theory was finally recognized universally. It shook the whole world by redefining the Newton mechanics, time and universe. Nowadays this theory, though still criticized for leading to the existence of the notorious nuclear weapons, is widely applied to promote the development of science and technology and make this world a better place to live.

Genetic engineering seems to be going through the same pattern as the theory of relativity once did. It’s severely condemned for its immoral nature. People feel threatened with the possibility that cloning may break the rules set by nature, thus resulting in the extinction of human beings. But I figure it is a narrow understanding of this revolutionary technology. ( to be continued)