Javier
A little exercise (please, help me!!) I have to fill the gaps: ' (1) ............ such school is run by Kathleen Doyle not (2) ................. from the centre of Dublin. The school was by no means an overnight success; I found (3)................ necessary to work hard to build up a reputation. One of my adventages was that I'd had problems with my own cooking. I've made (4) ................ mistake that it's possible to make, but (5) ................ of this, I know what people do wrong from first-hand experience. Just (6) ................... like most cookery schools in Ireland, Kathleen initially copied the classical dishes of France and Italy and other countries (7) .................. have a reputation for excellent food. 'Now though, things are changing', says Kathleen. 'We get excellent produce from Irish farms and, (8) ............ a result, we're encouraging students to create unique Irish dishes'. Are correct my answers? 1) As (I think that the correct answer is 'One', but I wrote 'as') 2) far 3) the 4) any / every (I almost sure that 'every' is correct, but is it correct 'any'?) 5) because 6) like 7) which 8) as.
1. One 2. Far 3. It 4. Every (any doesn't sound quite right) 5. Because 6. Like (I'm assuming you didn't mean to put like into the passage itself) 7. Which 8. As