Jacob
In some countries the average weight of people is increasing Topic: In some countries the average weight of people is increasing and their levels of health and fitness are descreasing.What do you think are the causes of these problems and what measures could be taken to solve them? ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ My notebook entry: People in some countries are haunted by obesity so that the health issue has been thrown out again recently. The improvement of living standard provides us with a convenient and cozy life, however, the fast-paced lifestyle also detract from our health at the same time. Unhealthy living habits and lifestyles are seen to increase risk of disease, such as smoking and lack of fitness. People who have developed the bad habits are often reluctant to discard them for they have an invisible damage on their health. However, these habits always contribute to some chronic diseases in a long run. In addition to this, unhealthy eating habit is another factor involved in people’s health problems. Various fast food is welcomed in the worldwide nowadays which is in high calories but low in nutritional value, people whose diet dominated by them often face a high risk of heart disease and high blood pressure. In order to reverse the current situation, several measures needed to be carried out. The governments should improve people’s health awareness by virtue of media to encourage them to accept a healthier lifestyle. Besides, physical activity could be suggested relatively cheaply, for example by installing exercise equipment in parks. Moreover, it is imperative to set higher nutritional standards for fast food and display health-risk warning on their packaging. Although the governments have the responsibility to improve the health of the population, the willingness from people about changing their living habits may be the decisive solution to the issue. When people start to manage their time properly and refuse to eat the junk food, it is only a matter of time to solve the problems.