Angela
Essay: Use and dangers of social media It is generally thought that we live in a world that is changing very quickly. Tecnology is now part of our lives: computers, mobile phones, Internet, social networks have changed our lifestyle. In particular, the use of social media has become very popular in the last few years. Consequently, we need to be aware of the use and dangers of social media. As far as my experience is concerned, I use social media every day and I find them extremely useful. On the one hand I can keep in touch with my friends from all over the world, find new people to practise languages with, share pictures, videos, music and opinions; on the other hand I can always be informed about news, events and job vacancies. If I do not know something there is always the right social media that can help me to find out what the answer is. However, I believe that social media has their dangers which might be encountered by the unaware. In a recent study, students from the University of Venice, Italy, were interviewed about social media. The interviews showed that all of them make use of social media and agree with their usefulness. By the way, most of them admitted that he/she uses social media at least 2 hours a day and thinks life would be harder without them. Moreover they recognised that they prefer to solve problems by using social media. For example they do not ask someone for the right direction but they simply find it out thanks to social media. As a result, contacts with strangers are usually avoided, keeping away any possibilities of interaction. Besides this problem, a few of them are aware that most of information in the internet is not reliable. In fact, everybody can share their opinions and give their contribute by writing articles or giving information that can not be trusted, as they are not written by a recognised source. To sum up, social media can be very useful if they are used consciously. In fact, we should always be able to solve problems by ourselves or with people's help and enjoy a place or a moment without sharing a photo on social media.
1

Essay: Use and dangers of social media

It is generally thought that we live in a world that is changing very quickly. Technology is now part of our lives: computers, mobile phones, Internet, social networks have changed our lifestyle. In particular, the use of social media has become very popular in the last few years. Consequently, we need to be aware of the use and dangers of social media.

As far as my experience goes, I use social media every day and find them extremely useful. On the one hand I can keep in touch with my friends from all over the world, find new people to practise languages and share pictures, videos, music and opinions; on the other hand I can always be informed about news, events and job vacancies. If I do not know something there is always the right type of social media that can help me find out the answer.

However, I believe that social media has its dangers which might be encountered when unaware. In a recent study, students from the University of Venice, Italy, were interviewed about social media. The interviews showed that all of them make use of social media and agree about their usefulness. In addition, most of them admitted that he/she uses social media at least 2 hours a day and thinks life would be harder without them. Moreover they recognised that they prefer to solve problems using social media. For example they do not ask someone for the right direction but they simply find out with the help of social media. As a result contacts with strangers are usually avoided, keeping away any possibilities of interaction. Besides this problem, few of them are aware that most of information in the internet is not really reliable. In fact, everybody can share their opinions and contribute by writing articles or providing information that cannot be trusted, as they are not written by a recognised source.

You used "problem", however you didn't really explain why it is a problem; also, it may just be an opinion of yours and that's why you need to explain why it becomes a problem. My suggestion would be to omit " problem " and just have it as " Besides this, few of them...... "  

I added "really" before "reliable" and it acts as a cutioner; bluntly stating that "most of the information is not reliable" might be too powerful. It is advisable to put something before "reliable" such as really or very or necessarily. That can soften your words a little. 

To sum up, social media can be very useful if they are used consciously. Furthermore, we should always be able to solve problems by ourselves or with people's help and enjoy a place or a moment without sharing a photo on social media.

Very nice article.