Surf
Practice for IELTS Writing Task 2 : Studying Abroad It is true that at present students find more opportunity to do a university degree in foreign countries than students did in the past. There are both several benefits and drawbacks of studying abroad. Studying abroad can be beneficial to students in various ways. Firstly, staying away from hometown can make students a lot more independent. For example, at the beginning, they may feel anxious to do all things by themselves in the unfamiliar surroundings such as using a public transport, buying food in another language, and seeking a place to stay. When time passes, they will be accustomed to doing things on their own. Secondly, being in foreign country can open up new horizon for students because they can interact with foreigners, giving them insights into things that they may not have heard or known about. Thirdly, students can improve their foreign languages. They definitely have a chance to talk to native speakers, take a lessons and do everything in another language. It is completely sure that their language skills will be better than they were in their own country. On the other hand, this development can be extremely negative. To begin with, students are likely to get desperately homesick as they do not see their family for a considerable time. Furthermore, the costs of living in other countries are higher, in developed countries in particular. For example, housing, bills, health care, and education in European countries are more expensive compared to in Thailand. Therefore, money should be spent wisely. In conclusion, while there are many compelling reasons to study aboard, students inevitably experience disadvantages. Careful consideration should be given before going abroad.
1

Practice for IELTS Writing Task 2 : Studying Abroad

It is true that at present students find more opportunity to do a university degree in foreign countries than students did in the past. There are both several benefits and drawbacks of studying abroad.

Studying abroad can be beneficial to students in various ways. Firstly, staying away from their hometown can make students a lot more independent. For example, at the beginning, they may feel anxious to do all things by themselves in unfamiliar surroundings such as using different public transport, buying food in another language, and seeking a place to stay. When time passes, they will be accustomed to doing things on their own. Secondly, being in foreign country can open up new horizon for students because they can interact with foreigners, giving them insights into things that they may not have heard or known about. Thirdly, students can improve their foreign languages. They definitely have a chance to talk to native speakers, take a lessons and do everything in another language. It is completely sure that their language skills will be better than they were in their own country.

On the other hand, this development can be extremely negative. To begin with, students are likely to get desperately homesick as they do not see their family for a considerable time. Furthermore, the costs of living in other countries are higher, in developed countries in particular. For example, housing, bills, health care, and education in European countries are more expensive compared to in Thailand. Therefore, money should be spent wisely.

In conclusion, while there are many compelling reasons to study aboard, students inevitably experience disadvantages. Careful consideration should be given before going abroad.

ขอบคุณมากครับ Finn มีอะไรสงสัยเกี่ยวกับภาษาไทย ถามผมได้นะครับ หรือไม่ก็คุยกับผม คุณจะได้ฝึกภาษาไทย
Excellent post. Although I can only see studying abroad as positives, you have so many new opportunities - meet new friends, improve your language skills and even get a higher standard of education than what you might get in your native country. Also, most education visas (needed for studying abroad) allow you to work part time, which means you can earn enough money to party, buy new clothes, pay for the extra expenses of living abroad or save up. You mention homesick and I think this will be a big problem for Asians coming to western countries to study, as Asians specifically Thais tend to be very family orientated and being away from that can you make you feel unwell and even depressed. Homesickness is also natural and is a barrier that people can either pass or get stuck by. Another problem for foreign students is culture shock. In most western countries there aren't any communities like you'll find in Thailand, its very normal to not know who your neighbour is.