Jet
TOEFL essay The writer stated the benefits of hydropower facilities, whereas the speaker pointed out some disadvantages of hydropower facilities. The author states hydropower is extremely convenient and it contributes improve the local economy and quality of life. However, the speaker argues that the hydropower is convenient. When a dam is built on the river, it will cause floods. Thus, people have to move because of the damage. In the meantime, their life will be affected. The speaker mentioned that hydropower is not always an eco-friendly system because if the silt and other debris accumulate over time, it would  produce  toxic chemicals to the river floor. This contrasts with the point in the reading that hydropower doesn't pollute the environment. The speaker stated that hydropower will change a river’s natural function and do harm for the ecosystem. However, the author wrote that hydropower is “ clean and green.” The speaker explained that hydropower will bring a heavy environment cost. On the other hand, water is a renewable source, it depends on weather patterns variation, and thus, it is not a reliable source of fuel. However, the author reported the hydropower is useful because it is effectiveness and inexpensive cost.

TOEFL essay

The writer stated the benefits of hydropower facilities, whereas the speaker pointed out some disadvantages. of hydropower facilities. (Redundant)
The author argues that hydropower is extremely convenient and improves the local economy and quality of life. However, the speaker argues that the hydropower is very inconvenient, because when a dam is built on a river, it causes floods. Thus, people have to move due to the damage, immediately affecting their quality of life. 
The speaker mentioned that hydropower is not always an eco-friendly solution, because as the silt and other debris accumulate over time, they produce toxic chemicals on the river floor. This contrasts with the point in the reading that states hydropower doesn't pollute the environment.
The speaker also stated that hydropower would change a river’s natural function and do harm to the ecosystem; however, the author wrote that hydropower is “clean and green.”
The speaker went on to explain that hydropower bears a heavy environmental cost. In addition, though water is a renewable source, its convenience depends on varying weather patterns, and thus, it is not a reliable source of fuel. On the other hand, the author reported that hydropower is useful because of its effectiveness and inexpensive cost.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

The writer of the article explained the benefits of hydropower facilities, while the speaker countered his argument.
In the article the writer made some good points outlining both the economic and environmental advantages to introducing a hydropower facility into your town. He explained that since water is a renewable resource, you're not only saving of fuel costs, but you're also drastically reducing pollution caused by the burning of fossil fuels. With these advantages, local economies flourish and quality of life is improved.
On the other hand, the speaker argued that even though hydropower has its advantages, they are not without consequence. Creating a hydropower facility requires the damming of a river, which severely floods surrounding areas, forcing people from their homes and disrupting the local ecosystem. In addition, silt and other debris caused by the hydro plants can poison riverbeds and disrupt environments hundreds of miles away. The speaker also pointed out that although hydropower may be less expensive, it is not as reliable, since it relies on consistent rainfall throughout the year.