Jeff
Cockney accent It's very strange to speak english with british people. I've been learning American English and I've always heard it and it was the first time that I had conversations in british english. Some have an accent that I can understand without difficulty but some others, especially with the Cockney accent are very hard to understand, and you've got to be concentrated to figure out what they'd mean. This trip in London was a great training before my summer vacation in the USA. It conforts me to know that I can go abroad without any difficulty to understand english speakers

Cockney Accent

It's very strange to speak English with British people. I've been learning American English and I've always heard it. and it was the first time that I had my first conversations in British English (recently)*. Some (British people/Londoners) have an accent that I can understand without difficulty but some others, especially with the Cockney accent, are very hard to understand, and you've got to concentrate to figure out what they mean. This trip to London was a great training before my summer vacation in the USA.
It conforts me to know that I can go abroad and have no problem/difficulty to understanding English speakers.

*You can't say "it and it" because each "it" refers to something different and so it doesn't make sense. It's best to turn the sentence into two different ones and leave out the second "it." For flow, it sounds better to have "recently" in there, but you could easily switch that out for another time indicator (ex: two days ago, when I went to London last year, etc.).

Cockney accent

It's very strange speaking english with British people. I've been learning American English and I've always been used to hearing it. Recently, was the first time that I had conversations in british english.

Some have an accent that I can understand without difficulty but some others, especially those with a Cockney accent are very hard to understand, and you've got to really concentrate to figure out what they're saying.

My trip to London was great training before my summer vacation in the USA.
It comforts me to know that I can go abroad without any difficulty and understand english speakers.

Good Work!

(Britain includes, Northern Ireland, Scotland, Wales and England. As such there is no "British" accent. There are regional accents. What you would have heard is a regional English accent).

I'm Scottish and I agree and disagree. The average Scottish accent is easier to understand than the English one because we pronounce vowels more clearly, but the "extreme" Scottish accents are probably worse than the English ones.
I always tell people learning english, that unlike most other languages, English has no central authority, meaning basically that there's no need to worry about speaking it to standard; since you'll be wrong no matter what you say. I, for instance, am still trying to find out why in the sweet heck my students insist on asking to leave class to "W-C", I've asked people from the Americas, Southafrica, Europe, even Hong Kong, they've no idea.
The Irish accent seems to be the worst to understand