Laia
BOOK’S READING PRESENTATION (oral presentation) Good afternoon, my name is Laia. First of all, let me thank you all for coming here today. If you would like to ask me anything after my presentation, please, feel free to let me know. The topic of my presentation is my experience reading the book “The Red House”, which was written by Mark Haddon, an English writer, illustrator and screenwriter. “The Red House” is based on the holidays of a family, who spends seven days on a farmstead located in a valley near the Welsh border. This family consists of a brother and a sister and their families, who happen several things. I am not going to explain all of the situations the family lives during their holidays because there are many. But for example, one of these situations is when the brother goes to jog, falls down and begins a storm in this moment. He can’t request help because he can't move, so his sister’s son has to go to seek him at the top of the hill; and during this time the men rethinks few things about himself and her life. In general, I think the aim of the book, in addition to entertainment, is to help the reader realises that nobody is perfect. All of us have our problems, our experiences and our points of view. On the other hand, regarding my experience, I recognise I had never read a book in English. So when I started it, I thought that I wasn’t going to understand anything. At first this was true, but then, as I read the book, I understood it better. I also didn’t know all the words, nor did I seek them in the dictionary unless the word appeared many times. But the context helped me to understand. In my opinion, the book is difficult to understand, but the story is simple, so this also helped me. To conclude, these are my feelings about reading the book. As I said before, if you have any questions, feel free to let me know.

BOOK’S READING PRESENTATION (oral presentation)

Good afternoon, my name is Laia.

First of all, let me thank you all for coming here today.

If you would like to ask me anything after my presentation, please, feel free to let me know.

The topic of my presentation is my experience reading the book “The Red House”, which was written by Mark Haddon, an English writer, illustrator and screenwriter.

“The Red House” is based on the holidays of a family, who spends seven days on a farmstead located in a valley near the Welsh border. This family consists of a brother and a sister and their family, who do happen several things. I am not going to explain all of the situations the family goes through lives during their holidays because there are too many. But for example, one of these situations is when the brother goes to jog, falls down and begins a storm brews during this in this moment. He can’t call for request help because he can't move, so his sister’s son has to go to find seek him at the top of the hill; and during this time the man rethinks a few things about himself and her life. *
In general, I think the aim of the book, besides in addition to entertainment, is to help the reader realises that nobody is perfect. All of us have our own problems, our own experiences and our own points of view.

On the other hand, regarding my experience, I recognise that I had never read a book in English. So when I started it, I thought that I wasn’t going to understand anything. At first this was true, but then, as I read the book, I understood it better.
I also didn’t know all the words, nor did I seek them in the dictionary unless the word appeared many times. But the context helped me to understand. In my opinion, the book is difficult to understand, but the story is simple, so this also helped me.

To conclude, these are my feelings about reading the book. As I said before, if you have any questions, feel free to let me know.

*In English, we never have the word and after a semicolon.