Shyera
1st notebook : Local Problem of Mining Exploration I would tell about my experience when I joined with exploration team at Halmahera, North Mollucas. My team consist of 5 peoples, two geologists, two mining engineers, and a surveyor. We explored a gold potential area, under name X company. This was a new exploration area for that company. Our team was the first exploration team in there. We passed one village from the accommodation to the exploration area. This village only had one main road to access the area. In the middle of the road towards the area, some civil citizens blocked the road. We had to paid some money if we want to passed. It was happened everyday, not only once but twice everyday, when we had to go and when we came back. Then they created a benchmark price. If we didn't give it, they won't let us passed. We could made this as simple problem with gave them the money, actually it was not a big prices. But I didn't think so, because if we let it happened now, it would be happened later. This could be a big problem when the production process had running. So, I proposed my opinion to our team. They agreed with me, and then we discussed it. We got solution that we must organized a counseling for the local citizens about our activity. Meanwhile their area was not included our exploration locations. If we needed to paid some money, we would paid properly, not everyday but every month in the right amount with legal commitment. The main point was not about the money, but about how the company made good interactions with the local citizens. Then we proposed it to the head office at Jakarta. They approved it and delegated some public relations to came. The counseling went smoothly and we created some commitment with the local citizen. Even the company hired some local citizens to placed in the operation area. Everything went well until the exploration had done and started the exploitation. What i could have taken from that problem, the company, as a part of mining industry, need to give contribution for the local citizen. The commitment for environment, economic and social problem must be fulfilled. The benefit which the company get, must be balanced with the responsibility to local citizens.

1st notebook : Local Problem of Mining Exploration

I would like to tell you about my experience of when I joined with an exploration team at Halmahera, North Mollucas. My team consist of 5 peoples, two geologists, two mining engineers, and a surveyor. We explored a gold potential area, under the name of X company. This was a new exploration area for that company. Our team was the first exploration team in that area there. We passed one village from the accommodation to the exploration area. This village only had one main road to access the area. In the middle of the road towards the area, some civil citizens blocked the road. We had to paid pay some money if we wanted to get past passed. It was happened everyday, not only once but twice everyday, when we had to go and when we came back. Then they created a benchmark price. If we didn't give it, they wouldn't won't let us passed.

We could have made this as simple problem with by gave giving them the money, actually it was not a big prices. But I didn't think so, because if we let it happened now, it would be happened later. This could be a big problem when the production process was operational had running. So, I proposed my opinion to our team. They agreed with me, and then we discussed it. We got solution that we must organized a counseling for the local citizens about our activity. Meanwhile In the mean time (means doing something whilst waiting for something else to happen) their area was not included in our exploration locations. If we needed to paid pay some money, we would paid pay it properly, not everyday but every month in the right amount with legal commitment. The main point was not about the money, but about how well the company made good interactions cooperated with the local citizens. Then we proposed it (This is not wrong, just more professional as..We submitted our proposal to the head office at Jakarta. They approved it and delegated some public relations to come came. The counseling went smoothly and we created some a commitment with the local citizens. Even the company even hired some local citizens to be placed in the operation area. Everything went well until during the exploration had done and the start of the operation/mining. started the exploitation. (Exploitation has a very negative connotation, it means to take advantage of someone or something)
What i could can have taken away from that this problem is that the company, as a part of mining industry, needs to give make a contribution to for the local citizens. The commitment for the environment, economic economy and social problems must be fulfilled. The benefit which the company gets, must be balanced with the responsibility to local citizens.

Semoga ini masuk akal.  Bahasa Inggris Anda sangat bagus.  Saya mengerti semua, tapi kurang semua betul.   Mungkin seperti Bahasa Indonesia saya.  Mengoreksi saya adalah gampang, saya coba korekski tanpa menggantikan terlalu banyak kata-kata Anda.

Hi Shyera. Ini harusnya masuk Inggris bukan Indo. Tapi coba aku bantu. Sorry klo dipisah2, aku ga tahan baca banyak tulisan dalam 1 paragraf.

I would tell about my experience (This is my experience / story) when I joined with exploration team at Halmahera, North Mollucas.

My team consisted of 5 peoples: two geologists, two mining engineers, and a surveyor. We explored a gold potential area and we worked for "company X".

This was a new exploration area. Our team was the first exploration team to travel there / Our team was the first team to explore the area.

We must pass one village from the / our accommodation to the exploration area. This village only has/had (pake "had" klo dulu cuma ada 1 jalan tapi sekarang udah ada lebih dari 1 jalan) one main road to access the area.

On the way to the area, some civil citizens / people blocked the road. We had to paid some money if we wanted to pass. It was happened everyday, not only once but twice everyday, when we went to the location and when we came back.

Then they created / set a benchmark price --> ini sebetulnya ok, cuma "benchmark price" kayanya kurang tepat. Aku lebih suka klo cuma "price" doang. If we didn't give it, they won't let us pass.

Kalimat diatas bisa diganti jadi --> Then they set a price that we must pay to let us pass their village / to go to the location.

We could make this as a simple problem by giving them the money. Actually it was not expensive. But I didn't like / opposed this idea, because if we let it happen now / pay it, it would continue / they would keep asking the money later.

This could be a big problem when the production / mining process had/has been running.

Klo sekarang udah ga mining lagi pake had.

So, I proposed my opinion to our team. They agreed with me, and then we discussed it. We got / found a solution that we must organize a counseling for the local citizens about our activity. --> counselling mungkin bukan kata yg kita mau disini. Mungkin lebih ok pake mediation

Meanwhile / In fact, their area was not included in our exploration locations. If we needed to pay money, we would like to pay it regularly/monthly in the right amount with a legal commitment.

Sejauh ini kesalahan yg banyak dilakuin:

1. Lupa a/an atau mungkin (s) klo plural.

2. Sesudah to/must/would/could/sejenisnya, pake V1, bukan past tense. cth: to pay, would buy, could make. Biasa "let" jg diikuti sama V1. cth: let it go (lagu frozen), let us / let's go.

The main point was not about the money, but about how the company made good interactions with the local citizens. Then we proposed it to the head office in Jakarta. They approved it and delegated some public relations to come.

The counseling (liat note sebelum ini) went smoothly and we created some commitments with the local citizen / people. Even the company hired some local citizens / people to be placed in the operation / mining area.

Aku ga pernah denger ada yg pake istilah civil/local citizen. Biasanya pada bilang local people. CMIIW

Everything went well until the exploration had been done (by us) and the company started the exploitation.

Tambahin "the company" biar jelas siapa yg ngelakuin exploitasinya. Bukan tim explorasinya kan?

Aku ganti kalimat diatas jadi --> Everything went well. We completed / managed the exploration and the company began the exploitation soon after we finished.

What i could have taken / What I can learn from that problem: the company, as a part of mining industry, need to give contribution for the local citizen / people. --> bisa jg diganti: the company must involve the local people in their activities.

The commitment(s) for environment, economic and social problem must be fulfilled. The benefit, which the company gets, must be balanced with the responsibility(s) to local citizens / people.

Utk commitment / responsibility, apakah mereka cuma punya 1 komitmen dan kewajiban?