Jacob
The two maps below show an island, before and after the construction of some tourist facilities. Topic: The two maps below show an island, before and after the construction of some tourist facilities. Summarize the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant. ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- My notebook entry: The two maps display the change of an island which is flourished from a desert island to a tourist attraction. The length of the island is 250 meters, approximately. Before it has been transformed, this island was only decorated by some palms and was almost surrounded by the sea except a beach was on its left-hand corner. However, its scenery has totally changed with the tourist facilities installed on this island. Large number of accommodations has been constructed in two areas. One is in the center of the island and the other is in the left of it with a footpath leading to the beach. A reception is set between those two areas and a restaurant is in front of it. A pier is on the bottom of the island which is linked with the restaurant by the vehicle track. Some entertainments are also introduced on the sea, such as swimming and sailing. In conclusion, the island has experience a monumental shift from the past and is becoming a good tourist destination for the tourists.