TOEFL Practice What is the most important characteristic that a person can have to be successful in life? What Does It Take to Be Successful in Life? I’ve come to find that intelligence, honesty and charisma are the most important characteristics of a successful person. I arrived at this conclusion while I was studying at my university and reading some books about famous entrepreneurs. I did some research for an assignment on this topic and was asked to answer this same question. Let me start off by defining a few terms. First, when I mention intelligence, I mean the ability to find innovative and creative solutions to problems. The ability to think up new products and services is important as well. People who come up with new ideas are often able to take advantage of them to make money, and to be their own bosses. For most people, not having a boss is a sign of success. This is unlike those people who are subordinate at their place of work and do not enjoy what they do and feel like they ran out of creativity. Second, honesty refers to the way that people behave not only in business but also in their personal lives. People who keep their success going in the long term are characterized by having a good reputation, which is earned by working in an honest way and being an exemplary model for others. Those who do not act honestly sooner or later could end up in prison or ruined. Finally, charisma is a very important characteristic when it comes to socializing. Charismatic people are able to get an extended network of contacts; therefore, finding the suitable person for help or advice in any situation is easy for them. Also, recognition from others is a sign of success. All in all, successful people are characterized by being honest, charismatic and smart.

TOEFL Practice

What is the most important characteristic that a person can have to be successful in life?

What Does It Take to Be Successful in Life?
I’ve come to find that intelligence, honesty and charisma are the most important characteristics of a successful person. I arrived at this conclusion while I was studying at my university and reading some books about famous entrepreneurs. I did some research for an assignment on this topic and was asked to answer this same question.
Let me start off by defining a few terms. First, when I mention intelligence, I mean the ability to find innovative and creative solutions to problems. The ability to think up new products and services is important as well. People who come up with new ideas are often able to take advantage of them to make money, and to be their own bosses. For most people, not having a boss is a sign of success. This is unlike those people who are subordinate at their place of work and do not enjoy what they do and feel like they cannot be creative (are not allowed to be creative, are not allowed input into decision making). Second, honesty refers to the way that people behave not only in business but also in their personal lives. People who keep their success going in the long term are characterized by having a good reputation, which is earned by working in an honest way and being an exemplary model for others. Those who do not act honestly sooner or later could end up in prison or ruined. Finally, charisma is a very important characteristic when it comes to socializing. Charismatic people are able to get an extended network of contacts; therefore, finding the suitable person for help or advice in any situation is easy for them. Also, recognition from others is a sign of success. All in all, successful people are characterized by being honest, charismatic and smart (prefiero intelligence, por que este escrito es formal.

You are right Roxy!
Hi. I do not know how TOELF works. As far as I know, IELTS require formal writing which means you are not allowed to use contractions.