Evandro
belembaotyan or berimbau - interesting history about this instrument. I had a write chat with a Guamian on internet at school in spanish and they taked about your island and showed me some videos and these videos there was a instrument called "belembaotuyan" that Chamorros, native people, play and it's alike a Brazilian instrument called "berimbau" . It used when people dance capoeira. The Guamian told me that belembaotuyan was bought by Spanish from Latin America when Guam and Marianas Islands were Spanish Colony. it's African origin. I told him that berimbau is from Angola and the portugueses brought to Brazil together with slaves.

belembaotyan or berimbau - interesting history about this instrument.

I had a write chat chatted with a Guamian online internet at school in spanish and we talked about his island. He and showed me some videos and in these videos there was an instrument called "belembaotuyan" that Chamorros, native people, play and it's alike a Brazilian instrument called "berimbau" . It used when people dance capoeira.
The Guamian told me that belembaotuyan was brought by Spanish people (or Spaniards) from Latin America when Guam and Marianas Islands were Spanish Colonies. it's of African origin.
I told him that the berimbau is from Angola and the portugueses brought it to Brazil together with slaves.