Алина
Consumerism Nowadays shopping became one of the main antidepressants of modern society. When a woman is upset she takes a couple of friends and goes to the local moll. It happens not only with women, but also with men. Buying things , especially expensive and fashionable, is an equivalent of a person's high status. Having a proper mobile phone, clothes of a famous brand, eating popular dishes and drinking coffe from a well-known caffetteria are a must for a modern person. In our consumer society people even buy and read books which are in trend and learn foreign languages, considered to be popular. But does it all make us happy? Do we live a real life or only pretend living it? On my opinion it doesn't matter by which phone i make calls, it is important who i am talking too. I rarely take care about clothes' brands but i always try to make sure my clothes are clean and appropriate for a situation. I also learn languages which i like not those which are popular. Home made dishes and coffe can be very tasty and full of love of the hands which had made them.

Consumerism

Nowadays shopping is/has become one of the main antidepressants of modern society. When a woman is upset, she takes a couple of friends and goes to the local mall. It happens not only with women, but also with men.
Buying things, especially expensive and fashionable things, is an sign of a person's high status. Having a proper mobile phone, clothes of a famous brand (I would say: brand-name clothes), eating popular dishes and drinking coffee from a well-known coffee shop/ cafe are a must for a modern person. In our consumer society, people even buy and read books which are trendy/fashionable and learn foreign languages considered to be popular.
But does it all make us happy? Do we live real lives or are we only pretending (to)?
In my opinion, it doesn't matter by which phone I use to make calls, what matters is who i am talking to. I rarely take care about clothes' brands, but I always try to make sure my clothes are clean and appropriate for a situation. I also learn languages which i like not those which are popular. Homemade dishes and coffee can be very tasty and full of the love of the hands ("hands" could work, but I would probably just say "people") that made them.

Great job! It was easy to understand what you meant and most of the grammar was good, but I've made suggestions about what would sound more natural.