chriswebster1985
Chinese New Year Food中国新年传统食物 Chinese New Year is one of the most important festivals for Chinese people and food plays a crucial part in the celebrations. 中国新年(春节)是中国人所认为其中最重要的节日之一。在庆祝之中,食物扮演极其重要的角色。 Although the menu varies from region to region, most of the dishes served during the New Year feast have one thing in common; they all have the symbolic meaning of bringing fortune for the coming year. 虽然不同的地区具有自己的特色菜,中国新年多数的菜都有一个共同点——它们都象征新年带来的好运。 Fish plays an important role in the New Year celebrations. The Chinese character for fish, 'yu', sounds like the character for abundance. So, on New Year's Eve, fish is served at the end of the evening meal, symbolising a wish for abundance in the coming year. 在庆祝新年中,鱼扮演着重要的角色。“鱼”这个字与充裕的“裕”是谐音的,因此,在除夕之时,为了象征新年带来的“充裕”的愿望,鱼是团圆饭中最后来的一道菜。 In southern China, people eat a cake called 'niangao', which is made from glutinous rice flour.In Chinese the words sound like "get higher/better each year". 在中国南方,人们吃一种蛋糕叫做”年糕“。年糕是用黏性的大米粉来做的。在中文里,这些词听起来上“每年变高了/变好了”。 In northern China, where rice was not easily accessible in the olden days, people usually ate dumplings made from wheat flour pastry, with meat and vegetable stuffing. The dumplings are shaped like shoe-shaped ingots from ancient China, symbolising fortune in the New Year. 在中国北方古代之时,大米基本上买不到的,因而人们一般只吃了以小麦粉的油酥跟肉菜馅做的饺子。 为了象征新年带来的好运,这些饺子都形成为像中国古代那样的鞋子形的金锭。 There are many other kinds of traditional food enjoyed during the Chinese New Year, each expressing an auspicious wish for good fortune. 中国新年期间的传统食物五花八门。每一种菜都表示一个吉祥带来好运的愿望。
2

Chinese New Year Food中国新年Understood since this is written in Chinese春节传统食物

Chinese New Year is one of the most important festivals for Chinese people and food plays a crucial part in the celebrations.

中国新年(春节是中国人所认为其中最重要的节日之一。庆祝之中是相当物扮演极其重要的角色。
Although the menu varies from region to region, most of the dishes served during the New Year feast have one thing in common; they all have the symbolic meaning of bringing fortune for the coming year. 各地有各种不同的菜式, 但仍然含有来年之好运喜意.
虽然不同的地区具有自己的特色菜,中国新年多数的菜都有一个共同点——它们都象征新年带来的好运。
Fish plays an important role in the New Year celebrations. The Chinese character for fish, 'yu', sounds like the character for abundance. So, on New Year's Eve, fish is served at the end of the evening meal, symbolising a wish for abundance in the coming year. Just for better writing in Chinese, 有魚即有餘 (This is the more common one), 为除夕最后之食, 是代表来年有餘
在庆祝新年中,鱼扮演着重要的角色。“鱼”这个字与充裕的“裕”是谐音的,因此,在除夕之时,为了象征新年带来的“充裕”的愿望,鱼是团圆饭中最后来的一道菜。
In southern China, people eat a cake called 'niangao', which is made from glutinous rice flour.In Chinese the words sound like "get higher/better each year".
在中国南方一蛋糕种叫做”年糕When writing, need to know your audience.  Since this is written in Chinese, you don't need to write as such detailed as in English. 年糕是用黏性的大米粉来做的。在中文里,这些词听起来上“每年变高了/变好了”。 年糕有「年年有高」之音意

In northern China, where rice was not easily accessible in the olden days, people usually ate dumplings made from wheat flour pastry, with meat and vegetable stuffing. The dumplings are shaped like shoe-shaped ingots from ancient China, symbolising fortune in the New Year. 旧时的北方, 米量难来, 因此以麦做的菜肉餃子为食, 来代表新年的好运福发. 其形是鞋似的金锭.
在中国北方古代之时,大米基本上买不到的,因而人们一般只吃了以小麦粉的油酥跟肉菜馅做的饺子。 为了象征新年带来的好运,这些饺子都形成为像中国古代那样的鞋子形的金锭。
There are many other kinds of traditional food enjoyed during the Chinese New Year, each expressing an auspicious wish for good fortune.
中国新年期间的传统食物五花八门 Wrong choice of idiom.  This carries unsavory connotation。每一种菜都表示一个吉祥带来好运的愿望。新年时节菜式千花百样, 每一样带来吉利的愿望.

1

Chinese New Year Food中国新年传统新年食物

中国新年(春节)是中国人所认为的其中最重要的节日其中之一。在庆祝之中,食物扮演极占有及其重要的角色。
Although the menu varies from region to region, most of the dishes served during the New Year feast have one thing in common; they all have the symbolic meaning of bringing fortune for the coming year.
虽然不同的地区有自己的特色菜,中国新年的多数菜都有一个共同点——它们都象征新年将带来好运。
Fish plays an important role in the New Year celebrations. The Chinese character for fish, 'yu', sounds like the character for abundance. So, on New Year's Eve, fish is served at the end of the evening meal, symbolising a wish for abundance in the coming year.
在庆祝新年中,鱼扮演占有着重要的角色位置。“鱼”这个字与充裕的“裕”是谐音的,因此,在除夕之时,为了象征新年带来的“充裕”的愿望,鱼是团圆饭中最后端上的一道菜。 

在中国南方,人们吃一种蛋糕糕点叫做”年糕“。年糕是用黏性的大米粉做的。在中文里,这些词听起来“像每年变高了/变好”。
In northern China, where rice was not easily accessible in the olden days, people usually ate dumplings made from wheat flour pastry, with meat and vegetable stuffing. The dumplings are shaped like shoe-shaped ingots from ancient China, symbolising fortune in the New Year.
在中国北方古代之时古代时候的中国北方,大米基本上是买不到的,因而人们一般只吃了以用小麦粉的油酥跟肉菜馅做的饺子。 为了象征新年能带来好运,这些饺子都形成为包成像中国古代鞋子形那样的鞋子形的金锭。
中国新年期间的传统食物五花八门。每一种菜都表示一个吉祥带来好运吉祥的愿望。

Chinese New Year Food中国新年传统食物

中国新年(春节)是中国人所认为其中最重要的节日之一。在庆祝(时)之中,食物扮演(着)极其重要的角色。
虽然不同地区具有自己的特色菜(各不相同),(但是)中国新年(大)多数的菜都有一个共同(特)点——它们都(有)象征(着为)新年带来好运(的意义)。
在庆祝新年中,鱼扮演着重要的角色。“鱼”这个(汉)字与充裕的“裕”是谐音,因此,在除夕(夜)之时,为了象征(给)新年带来“充裕”的愿望,鱼是(年夜)团圆饭中最后来的(最后)一道菜。 (年夜饭更准确些,中秋节也叫团圆饭)
在中国南方,人们吃一种蛋糕叫做”年糕“(的糕点)。年糕是用(糯米)黏性的大米做的。在中文里,(年糕)这些词听起来(有)“(年)年(更)/(更)”(的意思)。
In northern China, where rice was not easily accessible in the )olden days, people usually ate dumplings made from wheat flour pastry, with meat and vegetable stuffing. The dumplings are shaped like shoe-shaped ingots from ancient China, symbolising fortune in the New Year.
在中国北方,(古时候)古代之时,大米基本上(没有供应)买不到的,因而人们一般了以小麦粉(做的菜肉)的油酥跟(肉菜的饺子。 为了象征新年带来的好运,这些饺子(的形状都包成)都形成为像中国古代那样的形的金锭。
中国新年期间(还有其他各种各样)的传统食物五花八门。每一种菜都表示一(种)吉祥带来好运的愿望。

Chinese New Year Food中国新年传统食物

中国新年(春节)是中国人所认为其中最重要的节日之一。在庆祝之中,食物扮演极其重要的角色。
在中国南方,人们吃一种蛋糕叫做”年糕“。年糕是用黏性的大米粉来做的。在中文里,这些词听起来上“每年变高了/变好了”。
中国新年期间的传统食物五花八门。每一种菜都表示一个吉祥带来好运的愿望。