Phil
It Begins! The start of Rosetta Stone - Japanese. Let's see how this goes then...
1

※このページは日本語を添削してもらうためのものです。もし質問への回答がほしいのなら、「質問と回答」のページに行って下さい。※This page is for correcting Japanese. If you want ask questions, you should go to the page of "questions and answers" : http://www.italki.com/questions/japanese .

Cheers Harold..... Did you complete the Rosetta course or move onto other material?, I would be interested in hearing a quick summary of your learning path...and any recommendations for me. I have had a few head scratching moments so far that I feel were software failures..... one particular instance was after much confusion, having to google the meaning of Kanojo wa and anata wa because the pictures I was matching the phrases to seemed identical ..... obviously after googling I realized the subtle difference in the pictures.......It felt like those 30seconds on google just saved me an indefinite amount of time trying to work it out through Rosetta.....I almost feel like I have cheated though
Rosetta Stone was my first 'serious' attempt to learn Japanese. Good luck with it, Phil. Though personally I found it frustrating that concepts were not explained. For example, you'll learn the verb for 'to have or hold' もって without ever having て form explained! I found it useful as vocabulary practice but nothing more. Interested to hear how you get along.
let us know how it goes mate iv been considering doing that!