Victoria White
italki: my korean language questions Rather than an entry about my language this is more of a rant. It's about my Korean language studying because I've had some comments on how I SHOULD use a dictionary on some questions I've posted. I want to rant right now because I visit italki to learn my languages with help from natives and other people who are learning the languages that I am learning. I could buy apps. I could use a dictionary. I could visit talktomeinkorean. Which I do all of that on occasion. I could totally do this alone. Instead though, I visit italki to interact with people. Make new friends from around the world. I ask simple questions because lets face it, I'm not even close to holding a semi long conversation yet. I ask these questions because when I would speak with my native Korean friends about something and I've used a dictionary they would say, "mmm actually we would say this... because it's more natural." and they are very helpful it's the same with English. I would like to sound more fluent than like a robot using the words a dictionary gave me. Also, a dictionary won't always give me the same insight a fluent speaker would give and I really do appreciate when I am given an explanation. So when I'm told to just use a dictionary. I would much rather a person just not say anything. One commenter who was very helpful in translating words for me and giving me some insight, added some remarks such as "You're lucky I'm bored." or "You really SHOULD open a dictionary." .... No. . . I'm not lucky! No. . . I SHOULDN'T open a dictionary. I don't have to. I don't find those remarks funny. It's annoying. Anyone who thinks my questions are dumb or remedial can just ignore my questions. At least I'm attempting to learn right? At the end of the day, for those of you who have a problem with my simple questions, don't comment I will find someone who will help me because I don't need you and I don't need to feel LUCKY that you decided to help me because you are bored. Whether anyone reads this or not, whether anyone agrees with me or not, I just felt I should write this entree to relieve the frustration and insult I feel from these commenters. If you read this then thank you and thank you for your time.
Dear Tori,don't think it anymore,just do what you want to do or should do. ????????????
I see where you're coming from. I can't believe someone said that to you. That's quite rude. We're all here to learn or at least I hope so. I'm not even close to speaking in the languages I'm learning either. But I am also trying and making an attempt to improve in these languages. Nevertheless, I hope you don't pay too much attention to these negative individuals.:) With that being said, stay positive and keep learning. :)!