Tian Yuan
Do you prefer an open-plan office or an ordinary office? I work in an IC design company. Here all departments work in an open-plan office. When I first came here, I was told that we would function as a big team in this office. However, soon I found it really noisy. When I tried to read program code, I was distracted by Fincial Department because they were arguing about some reimbursement issue. Today I even heard HR clerks chatting about shoes at work time. I confess I am not fully concwntrative either, but I yhink I did not make much noise to disturb others. Well, there is bright size. I can get access to colleagues easily and it is a welcoming and equal environment. Which do you prefer? I might miss the regular smaller kind. PS: it's my work time now. Haha.
1

Do you prefer an open-plan office or an ordinary office?

I work in an IC design company. Here all the departments work in an open-plan office.

When I first came here, I was told that we would function as a big team in this office. However, soon I found it to be really noisy. When I tried to read programming code, I was distracted by the Financial Department because they were arguing about some reimbursement issue. Today I even heard HR clerks chatting about shoes at work time.

I confess I am not fully concentrating either, but I think I did not make as much noise that would  disturb others. Well, there is bright side. I can get access to colleagues easily and it is a welcoming and equal environment.

Which do you prefer? I might miss the regular smaller kind.
PS: it's my work time now. Haha. 

哈哈. You should talk to your boss about how introverts (the quiet ones) are more productive in quiet offices, and then ask for your own room!

June 8, 2015