Jacob
Many people argue that in order to improve educational quality continuously, students are encouraged Many people argue that in order to improve educational quality continuously, students are encouraged to make assessment on their teachers. Do you agree or disagree? ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- My essay: A teacher is an essential role in a child’s education and his teaching ability is a decisive factor to the child’s future. Therefore, many people are concerned that the traditional educational system is not perfect enough to assess teachers’ performance, so they suggest that the assessments made by their students should be supplemented in this system. This suggestion is nothing new to the public. In fact, some universities had already put it into action in the last few years. Their students are demanded to make assessments on their teachers before they take the final examinations and these comments will partly decide their teachers’ salaries and bonuses. Under such a circumstance, teachers have to improve their teaching methods to seek for a higher quality of teaching. However, it is unrealistic to expect this approach to work well in a long run. When teachers start to realize that a good impression left on their students is more important than the teaching itself, the setback of educational quality is going to be inevitable. They will cater to their students with some dishonorable ways such as offering them high scores or permitting them to do their own things in class, which will result in the deterioration of education. As to me, the education is never the case where students absorb knowledge from their books passively. It requires the both sides to participate in. The comments from students are certainly indispensable to the improvement of educational quality, but we should never judge the teachers by those assessments alone.