Eileen
writing practice (topic: which day is the first day of a week) Chinese version of monday tuesday wednesday thursday friday saturday and sunday is 星期一 星期二 星期三 星期四 星期五 星期六 and 星期天 respectively. And I always take it for granted that Monday is the first day of a week because there is a '一' in '星期一'。well I guess the translation is a little bit misleading. Which day do you think is the first day and why?

The Chinese versions of Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday, and Sunday are 星期一, 星期二, 星期三, 星期四, 星期五, 星期六, and 星期天 respectively. And I always take it for granted that Monday is the first day of the week because there is an '一' in '星期一'。Well I guess the translation is a little bit misleading. 

Which day do you think is the first day and why?

非常好。加油。

Hi,Douglas,Thanks. Do most Australian have religions?
In Australia we use two conventions, either the first day of the week is Sunday or it is Monday. It relates to the Christian and Jewish religions who treated the seventh day as their day of rest, which for Jews is Saturday (the sabbath), while for most Christians it is Sunday. We don't often use phrases like 'the first day of the week', so it doesn't really matter.
星期一 = monday is first day in china