XīngChén
Professional Teacher
As a linguistic major student and my teaching experience I am very happy to learn studies of linguistics which includes many sub-disciplines as pragmatics、semantics、second language acquisition、stylistics、sociolinguistics、cognitive linguistics ,etc.I feels it is quite useful to guide me to teach students in a theoretical background and learn languages quickly based on some learning strategies. it's not reasonable for all learners who expect to speak more at the very beginning stage because input comes before output and understanding, listening comprehension and reading comprehension respectively, is the core part of learning a language. speaking is just a stimulus to encourage the intake of language.do you feel frustrated when you have no idea of what a native speaker is saying during the session ? even that you know the basic structure and the meaning of each word in the sentence, you may not follow what a native speaker is talking about .So it's important to give priority to listening and understanding . Textbook is the well-structured materials for students to follow because it has designed to let learners learn the easiest and the most common points and then gradually step up to the native-like target. I've encountered students who wanna do free conversations from the very beginning,and then they just stay the same as time goes by.so I would suggest all learners to put more emphasis on self-study strategies including listening and memorization of words and grammar points rather than just follow the steps of teachers' guidance . to be sure, language learning are affected by many factors such as personal affective factors,social factors,psychological factors,and so on. it is still open to question . reliance on teacher's help is not the sole means to gain fluency and accuracy for all learners. practice doesn't make perfect,but only meaningful practice makes. for all learners,1.pls be well-prepared before you are gonna take a session with a teacher. 2. take errors and mistakes naturally when you are learning a language because they just take its own course when you are in the certain stage of learning.