郑民民
students’ skipping classes In colleges and universities, the phenomenon of students’ skipping classes is not unusual. There are often some students who skip those classes for feeling unwell or other private reasons. Besides, still some students don’t go to class without any reason but for they don’t want to。 There are two main reasons for college students’ skipping classes. First, compared with in middle school, students have more freedom in college. It depends more on one student’s consciousness whether he will attend the class. So those students lacking self-discipline begin to skip classes. Second, some teachers’ lectures could not attract students’ interests so that some students would rather skip classes to study what they are interested in。
1

Students Skipping Classes

In colleges and universities, the practice/habit phenomenon of students skipping classes is not unusual. There are often some students who skip those classes for due to feeling unwell, or other private reasons. Besides, still However, some students don’t go to class *without any reason but for they don’t want to。 There are two main reasons for college students skipping classes. First, compared with in middle school, students have more freedom in college. It depends (more) on one the student’s conscience consciousness whether he will attend the class, so those students lacking self-discipline begin to skip classes. Second, some teachers’ lectures could do not attract/hold students’ interests, so that some students would rather skip classes to study what they are interested in。

*for no reason, other than that they don't want to (go)

oh~ really? That is fine!
At my college it was considered fine for students to skip lectures because the students were considered adults,and it was their responsibility to get ready for the exams.They could come to lectures or prepare at home.It was different from school where you are forced to attend classes.I saw that in China the university was seen as a continuation of school,the teachers took attendance,which is not done in Western Universities.