san
My motivation letter Hi all, I am writing this to apply for master program. Hopefully, you have time to check my writing. I really appreciate it. Thanks. I continued on seeking my meaning. Graduating from ITB, I applied to PT Pertamina (Persero). Pertamina is an energy company that has a largest asset in Indonesia. In addition to this, Pertamina is the only one Indonesian Company that enlisted an achievement on Fortune Global 500 in 2013 (122th place) [4]. Fortunately, I passed the entry requirement and received the 1st Best Trainee award [5] in January 2013. From a reliable data, I have seen a fact that Indonesia is heavily depend on fossil fuel. It has reached more than 60% of total energy consumption. Whereas, in some remote areas, you can find a lot of countryside still doesn’t get an electricity plant as their source of life. Furthermore, It is projected that energy consumption from fossil fuel steadily increase year by year with 11% increasing per year. By seeing this, I can assume that in the next 10 years more than 90% of total energy consumption in Indonesia comes from fossil fuel. Indonesia is targeted to harness renewable energy 25% of total energy demand by 2025 [6]. This challenge never been achieved unless Indonesia can manage all of its potential resources. Indonesia has a great potential especially in geothermal energy, wind power, and solar cell. In fact, 30% potential geothermal resources of the world lie in Indonesia; Indonesia has the fourth-longest coastline in the world approximately 95,000 km that can be used for a large scale wind farm; and solar cell system can be applied in many cities in Indonesia. Therefore, I do believe that Indonesia is able to be an independent nation on energy resources. Actually, this is my vision of Indonesia’s future; this is my real purpose and meaning; and I have found it finally. It encourages me for being a driving force of renewable energy harnessing in Indonesia.