Cristina
Hello! Hi everybody!, my Name is Cristina, I am 26 years old and I am living in Dublin and I am working as nanny. I am from Spain and I arrived here 2 years ago with a grant. I was studying massage and beauty therapist in spain and when I finished I did my intership here. In a Spa in Dublin 1. I did my intership here during 3 month and then I came back to Spain a few month and I get back to Ireland another time as aupair. My experience as aupair was very interesting and very bad, because my english during my intership didn't improve enought because I was all day giving massage and I didn't have to talk with the clients, only a little and always the same sentences and when I arrived here, the first time , my english was 0, I only knew the present simple and some basic vocabulary ( colours, food... and a little more). So the second time that I arrived here my english was really bad. My english improved a lot of working like aupair but I didn't like how the family treated me the last month so I decided to leave the job and looked other job. I found a job as nanny during the week and as masseur in a Spa some weekends. The Spa closed a few month ago so now I am only working as nanny but I want to find other job better in my field or something in relation with my field and for it I need improve my english,now I am studying a academy ( before I couldn't pay academy because here the academies are so expensive and as aupair the salary was a shit) . I need to talk more in english because I have a lot of spanish friends here and I still speaking spanish the mostly of the time. I am living with a Irish girl ( 45 years old) but she is working all day, I practise my english sometimes with my other flatmate, A young german girl but she work a lot during the day too. So I think that this web is a very good idea for improve my english, I am using some extra-help like bbc 6 min english, the radio, the books and some tv shows and sometimes I am going to interchange of Lenguage ...I think that everything that help me it's welcome. Thanks for read me, kind regards
I don't know this yet, but I looking for it. Do you know ESL pod? That means English as Second Language, it's a podcast with a learning guide. It's nice too.
hey cristina. i can always help you with your english
Thanks William, I don't know if you know 6 min english but it's very good, you can find it in google, and there is an app by the phone, Wilinga ( it'is help me a lot). Good luck!
Hi Cristina. I always wanted make a interchange but due to I don't have enough money, I'd must worked meanwhile studying. I think that I throughing to the same situation as you. There's no sufficient time to learn the other language and I could dislike the job. So I try learn in other ways, like you too. Good luck for us.