AlessiaL
Choose and be the choice An article for the magazine "Keep Fit" about being vegetarian. Choose and be the choice If our bodies could speak, we can be sure that they wouldn't address to us the most friendly and grateful words. Don't you believe it? Then, thanks God they don't! And, nevertheless, it is not completely true. If we could just stop a moment and try to think about it, we would make the startling, unexpected discovering: our bodies speak, they inform, they claim and they scream. In their own language, which is not made of words. That's why, that's the very reason (or because) why we don't hear, or we maybe we just do nor want to hear and neither understand. Our body is a perfect machine, an engigne masterly organised. Of the huge quantity of things the world offers, it manages to survive with only just a few of them, a cheap quantity. Then, what's the problem? All seems so easy, so managable. Well, in fact the problems come when we have to chose, from the outstanding matter of the world, the sources of those few elements that our bodies need, and it is not so simple; they come when we chose to provide them from some sources instead of others. When we chose, for example, to eat meat instead of something else. Meat is for our body a pleasure full of risks: it's one of the major contributors to the spreading of heart-ills, circulatory system deseases, cancer and many other problems, more or less dangerous. It also speeds up/accelerate the process of skin ageing. Incredible benefits come to those who choice a vegetarian diet: not only does it prevent any of the frightful physical consenquences that we already mentioned above, main causes of the body decade, it also provides it, along with all the "materials" it needs, with a moral fulfillment. Here we're talking about something very important, that should alone fuges any resisting doubt: the possibility to avoid the death off many animals, the living creatures whose bodies we feed on. Food is, in main part, a matter of choice. It's important not to waste this opportunity we have, the chance to prevent any risk of spoiling our body, which is our life, giving up any dangerous eating habits and lifestyle. We don't want to quiet/shut up our bodies, don't we?