love_ran
My first note :) I started studying English to prepare to the Ielts exam. I'am going to apply for a student exchange program. I wish that I can go to England. I didn't use English for a long time so I have to study harder. For the first step to study English I read today the BBC articles and lerned unknown vocabulary. But I'm not sure how to learn effectively and improve fast. I think that I should firstly search for a good book and tutor who can teach me and guide. Then I should listen English much and often. In addition I should write everyday although I can write now only short text.
Jun 3, 2015 1:46 PM

I started studying English to prepare FOR the Ielts exam.
I'm going to apply for a student exchange program.
I wish that I COULD go to England.

I didn't use English for a long time so I have to study harder.
The first step to studyING English, TODAY I READ ARTICLES FROM the BBC and learned unknown/ NEW vocabulary.
But I'm not sure how to learn effectively and improve fast.
I think that I should firstly search for a good book and tutor who can teach me and guide ME.
Then I should listen TO English AS much and often AS POSSIBLE.
In addition I should write everyday although I can write now only short text.

NOTES:
CAPITALS = CORRECTIONS
- “I wish that I can go to England” = Correct, but it sounds more natural to say = I wish that I COULD go to England.
- “For the first step to study English I read today the BBC articles and lerned unknown vocabulary.” = I just switched the order around to make it more natural.
- “Learned unknown vocabulary” = Better to say “I learned new vocabulary (words I didn’t know before) OR “I learn words I didn’t know before”
- “……As much as possible” “As soon as possible” are good phrases to know. When you wrote “Then I should listen English much and often.” – Listen to English AS much as possible. Is a very natural statement and phrase.

Great job, hope this helps, If you want me to explain anything, I can try to explain in Korean. Have a good day.

June 5, 2015