José Alberto
The Immune System The body is a perfect machine with every organ and cell working coordinately to keep us alive. This is not easy and it has needed a lot of years of evolution. In this sense, we are not unique, we share many evolutionary characteristics with other species; for example, the immune system. The immune system is the responsible of defending our body from foreign particles. This elements can be live organisms such as virus, fungus or bacteria or they can be inert particles such as wood splinter and sometimes, chemistry molecules. The immune system is compound by specialized cells, quickly I can mention the innate and adaptive system, both composed by cells working in a coordinated process to protect us. I said that the immune system is a coordinated machinery. However, this apparatus sometimes present some problems for us. For example, when someone needs to be transplanted, doctors need to administer drugs with the organ to avoid that immune cells attack the transplanted organ. Immune system classifies the new organ as a foreign element, this is the main reason that cells attack the organ. Another problem related to the immune system is their inability to detect the majority of cancer cells. This is because cancer cells are cells from our body and they aren't detected as stranger by immune cells. In this sense and like other cells, immune cells can develop cancer, leukemia and myeloma are their general classification. Our perfect machinery sometimes present some wrong and mistakes. Saludos desde México.
Jun 30, 2015 3:51 AM

The Immune System

The body is a perfect machine with every organ and cell working simultaneously to keep us alive. This is not easy and has required a lot of years of evolution. In this case, we are not unique and we have in common many evolutionary characteristics with other species; for example, the immune system.

The immune system is  responsible for defending our body from foreign particles. These (esos plural) elements can be live organisms such as viruses, fungi or bacteria, or they can be inert particles such as wood splinters and sometimes molecules.

The immune system composes of  specialized cells.  

I therefore, can mention the innate and adaptive system, both composed of cells working in a coordinated process in order to protect us.   para mi sueno mejor simultaenous

I said that the immune system is a coordinated machinery. However, this apparatus sometimes gives us some problems. For example, when someone needs to be transplanted on, doctors need to administer drugs in order that the organ avoids an immune cell attack. The Transplanted Organ. Immune System detects the new organ as a foreign element. This is the main reason why the cell attacks the organ.

Another problem related to the immune system is its inability to detect the majority of cancer cells. This is because, cancer cells are cells from our body and they aren't detected as foreign elements (stranger para mí en este context es un poco extrano) by immune cells. Therefore,  like other cells, immune cells can develop cancer, leukemia and myeloma. This is their general classification.

¨Our perfect machinery¨ sometimes can function wrongly and make mistakes.

Saludos desde México.

June 30, 2015

The Immune System

The body is a perfect machine with every organ and cell working coordinately to keep us alive. This is not easy and it has needed a lot of years of evolution. In this sense, we are not unique, we share many evolutionary characteristics with other species; for example, the immune system.

The immune system is the responsible of for defending our body from foreign particles. This These elements can be live organisms such as viruses, fungi (plural) or bacteria, or they can be inert particles such as wood splinters, and sometimes, chemistry molecules. The immune system is compound by composed of specialized cells, quickly I can mention the innate and adaptive system, which are both composed by of cells working in a coordinated process to protect us.

I said that the immune system is a coordinated machinery. However, this apparatus sometimes presents some problems for us. For example, when someone needs to be transplanted a transplant, doctors need to administer drugs with the organ to avoid that the immune cells attacking the transplanted organ. Immune system classifies the new organ as a foreign element, this is the main reason that cells attack the organ.

Another problem related to the immune system is their inability to detect the majority of cancer cells. This is because cancer cells are cells from our body and they aren't detected as strangers by immune cells. In this sense and like other cells, immune cells can develop into cancer, leukemia and myeloma are their general classification.

Our perfect machinery sometimes presents something wrong and makes mistakes.

Saludos desde México.

Overall very good job! A lot of complex language. I am a biology major myself, and I would be nowhere near as close to being able to type this in Spanish! 

June 30, 2015