Ignacio Betancor
A delicious tortilla de patatas(Spanish omelet) I'm thinking about to make a spanish tortilla, a spanish omelet, for dinner.this afternoon I'll go to the supermarket to buy the ingredients. I need four three big potatoes, one onion, six eggs and olive oil. I already have salt and olive oil at home, so I only have to buy eggs an potatoes. When you have all the ingredients you have to pealthe potatoes and cut it in small cube shaping pieces. This is very important for people in Spain because depending of the part of Spain the people come from they cut the potatoes in sheets or cubes. Well where I'm from, Canary Islands, we cut the potatoes in a centimeter cube shaping pieces. You must cut the onión in "Juliana". It means to cut it in very tin sheets. When you have onions and potatoes cut you nedd it fried together in olive oil, so you need a pan to make it. It must frie at low fire until the potatoes are tender, so remove the onion an potatoes from the oil. Break the eggs and separate the albumen from the yolk. Shake the only the albumen and when it are begining to have a cream consistence add the yolks and keep shaking it. Add the fried onion and potatoes to the shaked eggs and mix it very well. Put a little of olive oil, just a spoon, in your no adherent pan and paint withit the bottom an the walls of the pan, remove the oil excess and hot up the pan. Put the mix into the pan and cook it covered with a tap for five minutes at medium fire. So, turn around the tortilla using a big dish and cook the other side. After another five minutes you are going to have a delicious tortilla de patatas.
Jun 30, 2015 3:29 PM

A delicious tortilla de patatas(Spanish omelet)

I'm thinking about to make a spanish tortilla, a spanish Spanish K(1)omelet, for dinner.this afternoon I'll go to the supermarket to buy the ingredients. I need four three three or four big potatoes, one onion, six eggs and olive oil. I already have salt and olive oil at home, so I only have to buy eggs an and potatoes. When you have all the ingredients you have to pealthe  peel the potatoes and cut it in them into small cube shaping pieces. This is very important for people in Spain because depending of on the part of Spain the people come from they cut the potatoes in sheets into slices or cubes. Well where I'm from, Canary Islands, we cut the potatoes in into a one centimeter cube shaping shaped pieces. You must cut the onión in "Juliana". It means to cut it in very thin slices tin sheets. When you have onions and potatoes cut you nedd it fried need to fry them together in olive oil, so you need a pan to make it. It must fried on a low heat  frie at low fire until the potatoes are tender, so remove the onion an and potatoes from the oil. Break the eggs and separate the albumen ( we usually say 'the white ) from the yolk. Shake the only the albumen  whisk the white (batidor) and when it are is begining to have a cream consistence add the yolks and keep shaking whisking it. Add the fried onion and potatoes to the shaked whisked eggs and mix it very well. Put a little of olive oil, just a spoon, in your  non-stick no adherent pan and paint withit the bottom an the walls cover the bottom and sides of the pan, remove the oil excess and hot heat up the pan. Put the mix into the pan and cook it covered with a tap lid for five minutes at medium heat fire. So, turn around the tortilla using a big dish and cook the other side. After another five minutes you are going to have a delicious tortilla de patatas.

(1) In English, countries, languages, months, days of the week always start with a capital letter.

Muchas Gracias Ignacio, tengo hambre ya, ¿a qué hora estára listo?