Nelo
How I Have Been Learning English (Blog post) Could you guys help me by correcting the following text? I'm going to post it on my blog. I’ve been meaning to write about how I learned English for a long time now. First of all, I must admit that I’m madly in love with English. Each new word I learn gives me a sense accomplishment and takes me closer to my ultimate goal, which is to speak and understand English as effortless as I do in Portuguese. Quite a goal indeed, but I’m determined to put in the time and effort to reach such level. Although I’m far from perfect, I would call myself a fluent speaker since I can express most of my ideas with ease. I’m a perfectionist when it comes to language learning which, in my opinion, can be good and bad. On the upside, I will never settle for mediocre English. I’m always looking for improvement, especially when it comes to vocabulary aquisition and fluidity in the language. On the downside, I get frustrated with my own learning from time to time since I want to know everything, and write as if I was a perfect human being. I know that there’s no such thing as perfection, but sometimes I can’t help but feel frustrated. Now, let me tell you how I have learned English so far. From 13 to 15 Years Old It all started when I was around 13 years old. All I did back then was play video games, play soccer, do all that kid’s stuff, and study of course (even though I didn’t like it). Then one day, Jean, a friend of mine showed me this game called ‘Tales of Pirates’, which I would only learn the right pronunciation of a decade later, and I got totally addicted to it. Now you might be wondering, ‘What does this have to do with learning English?’ Everything! I should say. ToP is a game where players from all over the world interact with each other online, and you can probably guess which language was used to communicate, English of course. Since I was so addicted to ‘Tales of Pirates’, I had to learn a few words in English so that I could get by in the game. I learned some phrases like, ‘Can I see your sword?’, ‘I’m selling my armor’, ‘Where are you?’, some of them weren’t that useful. Nevertheless, I learned a lot of words and phrases. Soon after turning 15, I stopped playing this game, and as a consequence of that I stopped learning. However, the game sparked my interest in learning more about English. I’ve always wondered how it would be like to speak two languages really well, and be able to switch between them effortlessly. [to be continued]
1

I’ve been meaning to write about how I learned English for a long time now. First of all, I must admit that I’m madly in love with /it/this language/ English. Each new word I learnt gives me a sense accomplishment and takes me closer to my ultimate goal, -- which is to speak and understand English as effortless as I do in Portuguese. Quite a goal indeed, but I’m determined to put in the time and effort Not wrong. An expression would be better, for example, "by hook or by crook" to reach such level. 

Although I’m far from perfect, I would call myself a fluent speaker since I can express most of my ideas with ease. However, I’m a perfectionist when it comes to languagewhich, in my opinion, can be good and bad. On the upside, I will never settle for mediocre English. I’m always looking for improvement, especially when vocabulary acquisition and fluidity in the language fluency are concerned. On the downside/flip side/, I get frustrated from time to time since I wanted to know everything at once; and to write as if I am an educated native speaker. I know that there’s no such thing as perfection, but sometimes can’t help myself from being frustrated. Now, Let me tell share with you how I have learned English so far. Sounds to imperial, like a teacher talking down to a student.

From Thirteen to  Fifteen... 

It all started began when I was around 13 thirteen years of age. old. Back then, all I did was to play video games, soccer, things a kid of such an age would do normally. Of course there was homework even though I did not like it. Then one day, Jean, a friend of mine showed me this game called "Tales of Pirates" which got me totally hooked; and by the way, a decade later, learnt the correct pronunciation of the game. The way you wrote means that you are totally addicted to the pronouncing the name of the game. Now you may be wondering, "What does this have to do with the learning of English?" Everything! This is a game where in which players from all over the world interact with each other online. and you can probably Guess what? which language was used to communicate, Yes, English is the common language used. of course. Since I was so addicted to the game ‘Tales of Pirates’, I had no choice but to learn a few words in English so that I could get by in the game. I learned some phrases like, "Can I see your sword?In other context, this can mean something very salacious!, "I’m selling my armor", or "Where are you?", and some of them weren’t others that were not so useful. Nevertheless, I learned a lot of many words and phrases. Soon after turning fifteen 15, I stopped playing this game, and as a consequence, of thatthis I too stopped learning English. However, the game sparked my interest in learning more about this language English. I’ve always wondered how it would be like to be bilingual speak two languages really well, and be able to switch between them effortlessly.

Great work.  Very minor grammar errors.  I won't say I am correcting your essay but merely editing it. Your command of the language is much better than most here in italki.  To write good is different from one that is perfectly free from grammar errors.