Japanese walk in strange style? I often hear some foreigners say "Japanese walk in strange style, why do they drag their feet as they walks" Or "Why Japanese (girls) walk like pigeon?" And the most popular answer is "Because the way of walk is imprinting Japanese DNA since our ancestors started to wear Kimono". I wonder if it is true. My opinion is next 2 points. ( I'm not sure this sentence is correct) 1. Walking around small rooms with naked foot makes our walking style timid. Once upon a time one British politician mentioned that Japanese live in "cages à lapans". It was translated as "Japanese live in a cage of a rabbits" and caused problem. Who can blame the translator? He didn't know French and he didn't expect the British politician used French, most of all Japanese residences are smaller than them. Actually Japanese traditional residences are small and with low ceiling. It's not good to walk with long strides. And walking with naked foot is not for walk with a brisk like Parisiene. 2. The adolescent custom I don't know how is another counties or I should say another school, but maybe I guess you can see "Tall trees catch much wind". Especially for girls, not to be conspicuous is important. As keep being like other girls, their behavior becomes timid. At least I'd never seen a girl, even she was Queen Bee, walking stately or gracefully. This consideration is just for my notebook, it's kind of a joke. But I often think about it. At least without noticing my walking style is not beautiful, I couldn't find I need to correct it.

Japanese people walk in strange style?

I often hear some foreigners say "Japanese people walk in a strange style, why do they drag their feet as they walks" Or "Why do Japanese (girls) walk like pigeons?" (pleural - girls; pigeons)
And the most popular answer is "Because the way of walking is imprinting has been imprinted (past tense) in Japanese DNA since our ancestors started to wear Kimonos". (pleural)

I wonder if it is true.

My opinion is in the next 2 points. ( I'm not sure this sentence is correct)

1. Walking around small rooms with naked foot feet (pleural) makes our walking style timid.
Once upon a time one British politician mentioned that Japanese people live in "cages à lapans". It was translated as "Japanese live in a cage of a rabbits rabbit cage" and caused problems. Who can blame the translator? He didn't know French and he didn't expect the British politician to used use French. most of all After all, Japanese residences are smaller than them. ('them' is unclear what you are talking about. I think you mean "than residences in Britain.")
Actually Japanese traditional residences are small and with low ceilings. It's not good to walk with long strides. And walking when you walk with naked foot feet, you can not is not for walk with a brisk walk like a Parisiene.

2. The adolescent custom
I don't know how it is in another other (another sounds a bit strange in this sentence) counties or I should say in other another schools, but maybe I guess you can see "Tall trees catch much wind".
Especially for girls, not to be conspicuous is important. In trying to be As keep being like other girls, their behavior becomes timid. At least I'd I've (I have) never seen a girl, even if she was Queen Bee, walking stately or gracefully.

This consideration is just for my notebook, it's kind of a joke. But I often think about it.
At least without noticing my walking style is not beautiful, I couldn't find I need to correct it.

Interesting to read :)