Javi
Los Secretos: My favourite music band Los Secretos is a Spanish legendary pop music band created by the Urquijo Brothers (Enrique, Álvaro y Javier) in Madrid in 1978 which has been playing since then. The band has gone through for diverse stages, some of them complex and sad due to the death of two of its drummers and afterwards the death of Enrique Urquijo, leader and singer of the band. In spite of these tragic occurrences, the band, led now by Álvaro Urquijo, has always been able to pick itself up and go on. After a career of almost 40 years, “Los Secretos” bring out “Algo prestado”, a new album of cover versions in tribute to some of the musicians who have influenced them along of all these years. The versions selected to this work, have been translated into Spanish and adapted to the characteristic sound of Secretos. The most part of artists selected are Americans and British musicians of the 70’s and 80’s as Jackson Browne, Nick Lowe, Gram Parsons or Peter Gabriel among others although there are also contemporary performers as Fountains of Wayne or Ron Sexmith. According to the disc, I have to say that, in spite of it be a cover versions album, I’ve loved it. I feel that, one more time, they’ve surpassed themselves. On reference to the songs, all of them are very beautiful, standing out some of them as “Esta ciudad” (Hackensack, of Fountains of Wayne), “Ponte en la fila” (Get in line, of Ron Sexmith), “Entre tú y yo” (Between you and me, of Graham Parker) or “Sentémonos a hablar” (Why don’t we talk about it, of Rodney Crowell), although, if I had to choose, I would take “Algo prestado”, a extraordinary song (Call it a loan) of a huge songwriter named Jackson Browne. This is an intimist and emotive song which, as well as, gives name to the disc. In conclussion, I would recommend this album to all lovers of the good music and I invite to discover to Los Secretos and theirs lenghty discography and history.
1

Los Secretos: My favourite (music) band

Los Secretos is a Spanish legendary pop music band created by the Urquijo Brothers (Enrique, Álvaro y Javier) in Madrid in 1978, which has been playing since then. The band has gone through for diverse stages, some of them complex and sad due to the death of two of its drummers and afterwards the death of Enrique Urquijo, leader and singer (lead singer OR manager and singer?) of the band. In spite of these tragic occurrences, the band, now led now by Álvaro Urquijo, has always been able to pick itself up and go on.

After a career of almost 40 years, “Los Secretos” has brought (recent) or brought out (not recent) out “Algo prestado”, a new album of cover versions in tribute to some of the musicians who have influenced them along of all these years (the most common expression is *down through the years). The versions selected to for this work (in English *CD, album, release) , have been translated into Spanish and adapted to the characteristic sound of Secretos.

The most part of the artists selected are Americans and British musicians of the 70’s and 80’s such as Jackson Browne, Nick Lowe, Gram Parsons or Peter Gabriel among others, although there are also contemporary performers such as Fountains of Wayne or Ron Sexmith.
According to the disc, I have to say that, in spite of it being a cover version(s) album, I(’ve) loved it. I feel that, once more/again time, they’ve surpassed themselves.

On With reference to the songs, all of them are very beautiful, but standing out from among them are some of them songs, such as “Esta ciudad” (Hackensack, of Fountains of Wayne), “Ponte en la fila” (Get in line, of Ron Sexmith), “Entre tú y yo” (Between you and me, of Graham Parker) or “Sentémonos a hablar” (Why don’t we talk about it, of Rodney Crowell), although, if I had to choose, I would take “Algo prestado”, a extraordinary song (Call it a loan) of a huge (??) songwriter named Jackson Browne. This is an intimate and emotive song which additionally as well as, gives name to the disc its name.  (OR - the disc is named after). 

In conclussion, I would recommend this album to all lovers of the good music and I invite you to discover to Los Secretos and theirs lengthy discography and history. (lengthy - it sounds like the album is very long.  Do you mean their lengthy career?)

Well done, Javi!

An excellent piece of writing, which uses many very natural expressions very well.  Some excellent sentences and phrases included those about 'in tribute to' and 'they've surpassed themselves'.  I'm very impressed!  Also the comment about how they can pick themselves up and go on.

Very well done.  There were a few things in the corrections which I wasn't 100% clear about, but we can talk about these.

Excellent job, keep up the good work.

Leigh