José Alberto
Socialist Education in Capitalist Countries. Education is essential for humanity progress -a higher educated people is less corrupt and more productive. However, some countries are confronting many problems related to education and its access for everyone. Countries with a capitalist economy have two main educational systems, public and private. In public school, government subsidizes schooling and citizens need to pay few things; however, in the majority of countries, public schools have low quality of education or are oversaturated. On the other hand, in private school, people needs to pay everything to have access to the schooling; they have better quality of education but few people has access to them. Many people have analyzed the educational challenge and everyone has said that governments need to spend more money to create public schools. Nevertheless, few people have mentioned the capacities from students. I need to mention that public education is necessary; however, I think that only elementary and high school must be free. Universities can have a control to accept best students. The concept can be difficult for understanding because there are people who think that education must be free for everyone, clever or not. In this sense, the best example is Cuba, a socialist country where education is free and only best students have access to University. In the socialist model, this is a way to save money and assuring that best people will have a bachelor degree funded by the government. I can contract with the Mexican model, where everyone has access to University, they can study during a lot of years until reach their Bachelor degree, many times with low qualities. Again, in many countries the current public educational model is broken -as Mexico, they need to implement a new system. I think that filtering future university students with more tests is a good option from many others. Saludos desde México.

Socialist Education in Capitalist Countries.

Education is essential for humanity's progress -a higher educated people (people with higher education sounds a bit more natural) are less corrupt and more productive. However, some countries are confronting many problems related to education and its access for everyone.

Countries with a capitalist economy have two main educational systems, public and private. In public school, government subsidizes schooling and citizens need to pay few things; however, in the majority of countries, public schools have a low quality of education or are oversaturated. On the other hand, in private schools, people needs to pay for everything (in order) to have access to the schooling; they have better quality of education, but few people have access to them.

Many people have analyzed the educational challenge and everyone has said that governments need to spend more money to create public schools. Nevertheless, few people have mentioned the capacities of students. I need to mention that public education is necessary; however, I think that only elementary and high school must be free.  Universities can choose to accept best students. The concept can be difficult for to understand because there are people who think that education must be free for everyone, clever or not.

In this sense, the best example is Cuba, a socialist country where education is free and only the best students have access to Universities.  In the socialist model, this is a way to save money and assure that the best people will have a bachelor's degree funded by the government.  I can contract with the Mexican model, (See Note 1) where everyone has access to Universities, they can study for a lot of years until they attain (or acquire/get/earn) their Bachelor's degree, many times with low qualities.

Again, in many countries the current public educational model is broken - like Mexico, they need to implement a new system. I think that screening future university students with more tests is a good option among many others.

Saludos desde México.

_____

Well written José.  It was easy to read and understand outside of the one section I will elaborate on below.

Note 1: I'm note 100% sure what you mean here, but I believe the following is a good way to express what I think you want:

"Under the Mexican model, everyone has the option to attend college in exchange for money regardless of their qualifications.  Due to this, even the worst students have the option to work hard and study for many years until they earn a degree."