Gianluigi
Public Roman Law (Part I) The public Roman Law affects the evolution and the several steps of the Roman civilization and institutions. We can divide the history of Rome in three big periods: the Monarchy, the Republic, and the Empire. The legend tells Rome was founded in 754 b.C. by Romolo, who was the first king of Rome. During the reign of the seven kings, the institutional structure was composed by the king, the Senatus ( the assembly of the patres of the most important gentes) and the ministers. The Roman law of the origins, and not only, was strictly connected to the religious dimension of the city. In fact we can not divide the two aspects in the most archaic age. The function of the law was to provide the Romans with the goodwill of the Gods. Anything made against the law could break the pax deorum.
1

Public Roman Law (Part I)

The Public Roman Law affected the evolution of the Roman civilization and institutions. We can divide the history of Rome in three major periods: the Monarchy, the Republic, and the Empire. Legend tells us that Rome was founded in 754 B.C. by Romolo, who was the first king of Rome. During the reign of the seven kings, the institutional structure was composed of the king, the Senatus (the assembly of the patres of the most important *gentes) and the **ministers. The Roman law of the origins was tightly connected to religion. In fact we cannot divide the two in Rome's earlier period. The function of the law was to provide the Romans with the good will of the Gods. Any deed against the law would break the pax deorum.

*I'm not familiar with the historical language here.

**the Church?