Gabriel Morgan Reis
When I look at the sky Chapter #1 - The Meeting I have never been the kind of person who deals with feelings in a good way. Even though I look normal on the surface, I keep struggling and trying to suppress what is actually going on inside. I have spent 18 years of my life waiting for someone to walk in and change the way I am, someone who can accept this confused and imperfect person. I could never help expecting too much from other people, maybe that is why I have been hurt many times. Although I am friends with everyone at college, I only have one person whom I can share my secrets, aspirations, and worries with, his name is Alex. Is is not amazing thinking how many people must be going through what I am right now? This thought makes me feel comfortable while I am walking towards my classroom, smiling at everyone and being friendly. It is the beginning of my second period of Electrical Engineering. The air seems to have the same smell, everybody is busy with their own lives as I just try to stay out of their ways. "How was your vacation, country boy?" Alex says with his typical excited voice. "I bet it was as great as yours" I reply in a sarcastic way, once he always travel abroad when he is on vacation. "Did you find many boys there?" He whispers in my ear in order to make me feel embarrassed. "Hundreds of them, actually! I just left a harem to see your stupid face again" I say in a harsh voice so he can know he did not succeed. However, he bursts into a loud laughing. "Sorry, but you are not able to sound threatening, you are too nice for that!" I shake my head in agreement and we both laugh together as he sits down by my side. The professor walks in but not alone. Following him, there was a slender, tall, and handsome figure. "Hello, students! Are you ready for another semester of Calculus? I hope so! Before starting, I would like to introduce you an exchange student from China, who will stay with us for one whole year. Haonan, feel free to say anything about yourself" "Hi! My name is Cheng Haonan, but you can call me Haonan. I am from Shanghai, China. I hope we will be able to become good friend! Please, don't mind my bad English!" Haonan introduces himself in a shy yet confident voice. "Let's be nice with our new classmate so he can have great experiences here, okay? I see we have an empty seat in front of Nathan. You can sit there, Haonan, I am sure Nathan will be pleasured to help you, since he can speak Chinese!" The new student comes towards me and my heart starts racing.