Marian_spain
Could someone correct this story? Tina was very excited when she heard that she had won the prize. She had never imagined that the story she had written were so good. The audience was clapping and clapping and some people stood up while I was walking to the stage in order to take her first literary trophy. She was quite nervous, so she take out a paper from her pocket and she thanked everybody and the jury for the prize. Then she began to explain that since she was 9, she had always short stories about ghost, haunted houses, aliens… She always wrote them on a diary that her Aunt had given her for her birthday. She lived in a cottage, and the nearest village was at 3 miles far, so she didn’t have many friends who play with. Writing became her best friend. She spent long time in her room, looking through the window and looking at the landscape, the sky, the stars, imagining lots of things and adventures. The thanked her parents for everything and especially for having chosen that beautiful place to live.
1

Could someone correct this story?

Tina was very excited when she heard that she had won the prize. She had never imagined that the story she had written was so good. The audience was clapping and clapping and some people stood up while I she (you changed POV?) was walking to the stage in order to take her first literary trophy. She was quite nervous, so she take out a piece of paper from her pocket and she thanked everybody and the jury for the prize. Then she began to explain that since she was 9, she had always written short stories about ghosts, haunted houses, aliens… She always wrote them in a diary that her Aunt had given her for her birthday. She lived in a cottage, and the nearest village was about 3 miles away, so she didn’t have many friends to play with. Writing became her best friend. She spent long time many hours* in her room, looking through the window and looking at the landscape, the sky, the stars, imagining lots of things and adventures. She thanked her parents for everything and especially for having chosen that beautiful place to live.

*you could say "She spent a long time in her room" but "many hours" conveys that it's a habitual thing...

(Great work! Only a few minor mistakes :) )

1

Could someone correct this story?

Tina was very excited when she heard that she had won the prize. She had never imagined that the story she had written was so good. The audience was clapping and clapping and some people stood up while I was walking to the stage in order to take her first literary trophy. She was quite nervous, so she took out a paper from her pocket and she thanked everybody and the jury for the prize. Then she began to explain that since she was 9, she had always short stories about ghost, haunted houses, aliens… She always wrote them in a diary that her Aunt had given her for her birthday. She lived in a cottage, and the nearest village was around 3 miles away, so she didn’t have many friends to play with. Writing became her best friend. She spent long time in her room, looking through the window and looking at the landscape, the sky, the stars, imagining lots of things and adventures. They (?) thanked her parents for everything and especially for having chosen that beautiful place (optional= to live).