Kailin
Internship I am proud to say that I never squandered/wasted my time on summer vacations, including this one. I just started my internship in Beijing for a consulting company engaged in carbon credit exchange transaction. It is a brand new area for an economics-major student like me. However, I believe that interdisciplinary learning is both a challenge and an opportunity to broaden my eyes. I was ambitious to find a internship in a big name company at the beginning. However, I failed. I realized that one's recommendation is worthy of a thousand times' sending resumes. But meanwhile, I didn't work hard enough in sending resumes. My friend told me he sent out 80 resumes, got 20 interviews and smashed(?) 10 in the end. In contrast, I only sent out around 40 withn a month. Quite a lazy bone. The company I am working for is a small and private-owned one, with very simplified administration. Different teams are in charge of seperate projects. I has only worked for 3 days so far. Everyday I am exposed to many Excels and Word documents. I think after two months' internship, I will be able to live up to what I wrote in my resume: familiar with Microsoft Excel, PPT and Word. Many hidden operations in Excel are now being unveiled. Time to say good night! Thank you for any corrections. Kailin
1

I am proud to say that I never squandered/wasted my time on summer vacations, including this one. 

I just started my internship in Beijing for a consulting company engaged in carbon credit exchange transactions. It is a brand new area for an economics-major student like me. However, I believe that interdisciplinary learning is both a challenge and an opportunity to broaden my perspective.

I was ambitious to find a internship in a big name company at the beginning. However, I failed. I realized that one's recommendation is a thousand times more valuable than sending resumes. Meanwhile, I didn't work hard enough in sending resumes. My friend told me he sent out 80 resumes, got 20 interviews and did well in 10 in the end. In contrast, I only sent out around 40 in one month. Quite a lazy bone.

The company I am working for is a small and private-owned one, with a very simple administration. Different teams are in charge of separate projects. I have only worked for 3 days so far. Everyday I am exposed to many Excel and Word documents. I think after two months' internship, I will be able to live up to what I wrote in my resume: being familiar with Microsoft Excel, PPT and Word. Many hidden operations in Excel are now being unveiled.

Time to say good night!

Thank you for any corrections.

Kailin

You are welcome.
Thank you very much shou! It is more correct than my sentence.
Your essay is always real and frank. I want to correct/suggest just one sentence. / I realized that one good recommendation is more valuable than a thousand resumes.