José Alberto
Capitalism and Workers, Part XXVIII. Continuing with my exposition about commodities and different ways to save money in the current capitalism. It's time to talk about use of materials with low quality in specific processes or finished products. Maybe it's difficult to understand, how businesses can use commodities with low quality. It can discredit the company; however, we need to remember that there are bigger companies but also there are medium and small ones. The use of materials with low quality occurs mainly in small companies. The global competition has carried that big and sometimes medium companies ensure their quality using international certifications. Nowadays, more business presume certifications as ISO-9001. Also, they design products with different qualities and different prices for every market. A good example is "Apple Inc", a company that design different models of their star product, the IPhone. Again, trying to reduce the cost of production is very common and mainly in small business but it was necessary to define. Saludos desde México.

Capitalism and Workers, Part XXVIII.

Continuing with my exposition about commodities and different ways to save money in the current capitalism, it's time to talk about the use of materials with low quality in specific processes or finished products.

Maybe it's difficult to understand, how businesses can use commodities with low quality. It (This is grammatically correct, but I'd suggest quality, since it which flows a little better) can discredit the company; however, we need to remember that not only are there are bigger companies, but also there are medium and smaller ones. The use of materials with low quality occurs mainly in small companies.

The global competition has forced that big, and sometimes medium companies, to ensure their quality using international certifications. Nowadays, more business boast certifications like (or such as) ISO-9001. Also, they design products with different qualities and different prices (we usually say price points, but prices is ok too) for every market. A good example is "Apple Inc", a company that designs different models of their star product, the iPhone (it's true that product names are typically capitalized, but in this case, the iPhone always has a lowercase "i" because it was a stylistic choice made by Apple).

Again, trying to reduce the cost of production is very common, and mainly in small business, but it was necessary to define.

Saludos desde México.

______

This goes hand in hand with something known as planned obsolescence.  Goods are intentionally manufactured to break after a predetermined period of time in order to drive future sales.  I find the practice abhorrent, but it is definitely the way things are done these days.