Vadym
How I learn new words There many ways how to expand vocabulary. I use some of them. I used web site lingualeo.com for adding and learning new words earlier. It is a special site for learning some languages. There are many materials including articles, popular songs, videos, books and jokes. The service uses gaming principles to engage the interest of learners. Lion Leo is a character of the service, he helps to learn language, gives advices and you have to feed him with meatballs. To receive meatballs you need to read texts, watch videos, perform trainings. At first it was comfortable and helpful resource, but after some time synchronization with mobile application became absent. I could not learn my words from own collections on mobile phone and refused to use this resource. Now I use program "Anki" for creating flashcards with special scheduling algorithm, where I add words from articles and different web-pages. The cards may include text, images, sounds, videos. There are mobile and desktop version of the program, including the synchronization with a free Ankiweb server for registered users. I find this program is very helpful. I add new words, phrases with examples, rules using Anki program on the computer. But I repeat materials on the mobile phone when I have free time. Sometimes I with my friends play in Alias talking in English. It is an interesting and exciting game, the goal is explaining words to each other. This game is more fitted for the improvement speaking skills, but it can be used for learning new words. We usually apply a special program with words. If someone doesn't know a word, it is allowed to check its translation. Sometimes we made own cards, which include desirable learning words. I realized that reading is the best way to learn new words. I usually try to expand my vocabulary by reading long children books, magazines about electronics and different articles. The repeating same words in different context is the good way to broaden vocabulary. Then I'll try to use these words creating own sentences.
1

How I learn new words

There many ways to expand your vocabulary. I use some of them.
Previously, I used the web site lingualeo.com for adding and learning new words. It is a special site for learning languages. There are many materials including articles, popular songs, videos, books and jokes. The service uses gaming principles to engage the interest of learners. Lion Leo is a character of the service, he helps you learn languages, gives advice, and you have to feed him meatballs. To receive meatballs you need to read texts, watch videos, and perform trainings. At first it was a convenient and helpful resource, but after some time, synchronization with the mobile application stopped working. I could not learn words from my own collections on my mobile phone and refused to use this resource.

Now I use the program "Anki" for creating flashcards with a special scheduling algorithm, where I add words from articles and different web-pages. The cards may include text, images, sounds, and videos. There are mobile and desktop versions of the program, including synchronization with a free Ankiweb server for registered users. I find this program very helpful. I add new words, phrases with examples, and rules using the Anki program on the computer. But I review materials on my mobile phone when I have free time.

Sometimes me and my friends (less colloquially: my friends and I) play Alias talking in English. It is an interesting and exciting game, the goal is explaining words to each other. This game is more suited to the improvement of speaking skills, but it can (also) be used for learning new words. We usually apply a special rule with words. If someone doesn't know a word, he/she is allowed to check its translation. Sometimes we make own cards, which include words that are worth learning.

I realized that reading is the best way to learn new words. I usually try to expand my vocabulary by reading long children books, magazines about electronics and different articles. The repetition of the same words in different contexts is a good way to broaden your vocabulary. Then I try to use these words by creating my own sentences.