Roman Y
Learning a new language is like a marathon, not a sprint Although the topic is about language learning, but I want you to think about your life. Actually, I want you to imagine that your life is some kind of a run (a marathon or a sprint). Imagine yourself standing at the finish line of this run and look back for a moment. Everyone gets to their own finish line, but there are two different ways to get there. First option is that your life is a race and you have to strain very hard in order to get through a day. In this way everything is hard: it's hard to breath, hard to enjoy the run, and almost impossible to look around because you have this kind of tunnel vision (you look straight ahead towards the finish line). The second option is to run a marathon, and this is something we should all do in order to have not only the greatest achievement but the greatest fulfilment as well. In this way, you can have great conversations with the people running by, you can look around and notice some things you haven't noticed before, and I think this is the most important thing to do. I'm a strong believer that at the end your life you're not going to remember everything, but rather you'll remember certain moments that make you fulfilled or proud. Another question is this, is your life a race? Really, think about it rationally. Do you race anyone? If your answer is yes, go again to your finish line and think, how does it make you feel, if you win this race? Is it worth it, living the life this way? The same can be applied to the language learning process. So many students learn a new language like some kind of a race. They totally forgot the vital, ultimate goal of this process (which is connection with other human beings). They learn new grammar, new vocabulary words ever single day in order to get better results on the test, and to (as quickly as possible) get a better job. In my opinion, this is the main reason so many people can't master a new language. They memorize new things for a short term, then take some kind of test and finally forget everything. But if you approach learning a new language like a marathon (meaning to go much slower) then your results will be much better, and what's much more important, you'll have fun doing it. The other day saw a quote that goes: life is not the amount of breaths you take, it's the moments that take your breath away. Later.
Beautiful.