Sharonbee
Chitchat? Last week, I watched a video on an English learning platform whose title was A Conversation About Growing Up Black. I don't talk about the racism here, but I would like to say I was touched by these words when some of the kids on it mentioned their parents' fear and warnings.   Perhaps, that’s because sometimes I have the same feelings just like each of the parents. Another video on TED, Colint Smith the lecturer described the same idea that the parenting always sought to reconcile the tension between having children understand the realities of the world while ensuring that they never accepted the status quo as inevitable.   So while the growing-up young adults on the first video said they can come to realize why and what their parents had always been being worried, and they would be doing the best to behave themselves, that made me sob with tears in my eyes. One of the speakers impressed me with the words, “My father honestly told me like the things and this world I have to watch out, and I understand that he doesn’t want me to live in fear, but he wants me to be aware.” “…And I just don’t like my mother feels like that (in fear of my life). You know, I love my mother. She should always… I want her always to be happy.   Thus, I could feel that they knew what their parents paid for, and that reminded me of the saying from Confucius, “身體髮膚,受之父母,不敢毀傷,孝之始也。 The Chinese proverb means that our flesh and blood is given by our parents, we should protect ourselves fully from be injured and wounded, even our hair or skin; it’s about the love and fulfilling the foundation of filial piety.   This week, there was an unfortunate accident happening in Taiwan. Formosa Fun Coast water park in New Taipei hosted a Color Play Asia party which resulted in a horrific dust explosion and ensuing fireball that injured hundreds. Close to 500 people were injured in the explosion, including 200 who suffered severe injuries. I think most of the injured are young people partly due to the summer vacation’s coming. The next week will be crucial for those in critical condition. I pray in my mind and wish they would get through the crises and further overcome the difficulties they have to face in the future.   For each of the roles in these cases above, I would say, “Cherish yourself and then you could respect everyone else life!”

Chitchat?

Last week, I watched a video on an English learning platform whose title was "A Conversation About Growing Up Black". I don't won't talk about the racism here, but I would like to say I was touched by these words when some of the kids on it mentioned their parents' fear and warnings (... I was touched when some of the kids on the video talked about their parents' fears and warnings).

Perhaps, that’s because sometimes I have the same feelings just like as each of the those parents. In another video on TED, Clint Smith the lecturer described the same idea that the parenting always sought seeks to reconcile the tension between having children understand the realities of the world while ensuring that they never accept the status quo as inevitable. (我覺得現在時更恰當,因為這是個撫養孩子的一般原則。)

So while when the growing-up maturing young adults on the first video said that they can come had come to realize why and what their parents had always been being worried about, and that they would be doing the their best to behave themselves, that made me sob with tears in my eyes. One of the speakers impressed me with the words, “My father honestly told me like the things and this world I have to watch out, and I understand that he doesn’t want me to live in fear, but he wants me to be aware.” “…And I just don’t like my mother feels like that (in fear of my life). You know, I love my mother. She should always… I want her always to be happy.

Thus, I could feel that they knew what their parents paid for, and that reminded me of the saying from Confucius, “身體髮膚,受之父母,不敢毀傷,孝之始也。 The Chinese proverb means that our flesh and blood is given by our parents, so we should protect ourselves fully from being injured and wounded, even our hair or skin; it’s about the love and fulfilling the foundation of filial piety.

This week, there was an unfortunate accident happening which happened (here) in Taiwan. Formosa Fun Coast water park in New Taipei hosted a Color Play Asia party which resulted in a horrific dust explosion and ensuing fireball that injured hundreds. Close to 500 people were injured in the explosion, including 200 who suffered severe injuries. I think most of the injured are young people, partly because summer vacation is almost here/has almost arrived due to the summer vacation’s coming. The next week will be crucial for those in critical condition. I pray in my mind and wish hope they would will get through the crises and further overcome the difficulties they have to face in the future.

For each of the roles in these cases above, I would say, “Cherish yourself and then you could can respect everyone else's life!” (<--你這裡究竟想表達什麼意思呢?)

這麼不幸的事,而且很可怕,我們也為所有受傷的人禱告。