Gil-seop
The Panel Reorganization of "Nonsummit" Sorry, this entry is really long. I will really appreciate your corrections. There is a Korean TV show, "Nonsummit", with twelve Korean-speaking ordinary foreigners, so-called "G12". They introduce their country's recent events and cultures and fiercely argue about the issues that viewers or guests raise. Since the first installment was broadcast on July, 2014, this show has been a massive hit. However, many people are currently heaping criticism on it because they think that it replaced the half of the panel in a unreasonable way. Before this reorganization, the panel consisted of an Italian, a French, a Belgian, a Russian, a German, an American, a Canadian, an Australian, a Chinese, a Japanese, a Nepalese, and a Ghanaian. Most of the panel were white from European countries or other developed countries. Although these white members were sensible without any white supremacy and this program was just an entertainment show, what made it a smashing hit was not only just entertainment but also informativeness: how other people from various countries live and what they think about something. Many fans were sorry about the news of some white members' replacement but also expected this program to introduce really various countries all over the world. However, this reorganization was a considerable disappointment to many people. The half of the replaced six members were white Europeans but the half of the new members were the same. Many fans think that it's good to introduce different European countries but it's beyond them why so many non-white people from non-European countries are not introduced. An Egyptian joined but he is just the only Muslim and there is still no South-East Asian in the panel. "This show is a discussion program but there are only a few foreigners who are fluent in Korean enough to discuss", one of the program's hosts explained this problem but that doesn't seem to be very persuasive because a few previous white members were poor at Korean and there are actually many non-white people who speak fluent Korean. Some people are claiming that reorganization is inevitable but this one was aimed at the people with unconscious preference for white people.