Yeong
Could anyone correct spelling and grammartical errors in the letter please? The letter below is semi-formal. If you could find some unnatural expressions and give me some suggestions about what expressions would be better, that would be great! Dear Alex, I would like to let you know that I have recently changed my job. I started to work as a language teacher at a local high school and I teach year 8 and 11 Chinese. So far, I've been really enjoying it. How is your life going Alex? I hope eveything goes well with you. As I told you earlier this month, I didn't really like my previous job as an accountant. I didn't like the amount of pressure that my boss put on me during the end of the financial year and I was really stressed about the never-ending workloads. Besides, I didn't want to work overtime even though they paid me more. I really wanted to spend night time with my family as family-first is my motto. This is the biggest reason why I changed my job. In my new job, I don't have to work overtime and I have more free time as long as I do what I have to do during my work hours - marking student assessments and creating lesson plans for next day. Because I've changed my job, I had to move out and find a new place near the school I work at. So now I am living in Maroochydore. How's everything going in your life Alex? I am keen to hear how you went with your English test last week! Best Wishes, Yeong
2

Could anyone correct spelling and grammartical errors in the letter please?

The letter below is semi-formal.

If you could find some unnatural expressions and give me some suggestions about what expressions would be better, that would be great!

Dear Alex,

I would like to let you know that I have recently changed my job. I started to work as a language teacher at a local high school and I teach year 8 and year 11 Chinese. So far, I've been really enjoying it (I really enjoy it, so far so good!). How is your life going Alex? (What about you? How is it going?) I hope everything is well with you.

As I told you earlier this month, I didn't really like my previous job as an accountant. (... I didn't like my previous accounting job very much.) I didn't like (appreciate) the amount of pressure that my boss used to put on me during the end of the financial year and I was really stressed (annoyed) by the never-ending workload. Besides, I didn't want to work overtime even though they paid me more. I really wanted to spend night time (to spend the night/more time) with my family, as "family-first" is my motto. This is the biggest (first) reason why I changed (chose to change) my job. At my new job, I don't have to work overtime and I have more free time (...and I am free to leave)as long as I do what I have to do during my work hours - such as marking student assessments and creating lesson plans for the next day.

Because (Since) I've changed my job, I had to move out and find a new place near the school I work at. So now I am living in Maroochydore. (you can also simply say "Now I live in Maroochydore.") How's everything going in your life Alex? (You may want to drop this sentence out, since you already asked the same thing a few lines above.) I am keen to hear how you went with your English test last week! (I am curious/I can't wait to know more about the your last month's English test.)

Best Wishes,
Yeong

Note: Very, very, very good! I gave you a few alternatives, but overall the text is correct and clear. Congratulations!

The letter below is semi-formal.

Dear Alex,

I would like to let you know that I have recently changed jobs. Now I am working as a language teacher at a local high school where I teach Chinese to years 8 and 11. So far, I've really enjoyed my new job. How is your life going, Alex? I hope eveything is well with you.

As I told you earlier this month, I didn't really like my previous job as an accountant. I didn't like the amount of pressure that my boss put on me during the end of the financial year, and I was really stressed about the never-ending workloads. Besides, I didn't want to work overtime even though they paid me more. I really want to spend nights with my family as family-first is my motto. This is the biggest reason why I changed my job. In my new job I don't have to work overtime so I have more free time as long as I do what I have to do during my work hours - marking student assessments and creating lesson plans for the next day.

Because I've changed my job I had to move out and find a new place near the school where I work. So now I am living in Maroochydore. How's everything going in your life, Alex? I am keen to hear how you did with your English test last week!

Best Wishes,
Yeong