Carmen
Learning how to learn, the gripping course by Barbara Oakley in Coursera Learning seems to be a natural process in humans. But it has a process that if you understand, it's more easy to be a master in everything that you want to learn. Science, sports, music are areas where you can use the next concepts: 1. There are conections between neurons called "chunks" that has the posibility to save a lot of information in a short space, it's like a ZIP file in our brains. When we learn something new we have mini-chunks that will become in chunks when information is solid in our brains. 2. The way to create chunks is with 3 steps: focusing in the information, understanding the main idea and finally gaining context, it's necesary to know how to use the information that we learned and when to use it. There are some advices important if you want to track your learning: -RECALL: When you study the material that you want to use in the future for your test, close the book and talk about the information that you have read or practiced. -Illusions of competence of learning: You really learn when you can do it yourself, so be careful when you understand how to resolve a problem because the solution was resolve it by another person. -Test yourself: asking questions to yourself is a very good idea because you can avoid your mistakes when the big test comes to you. Summary, there are other better ways to learn something that neuroscience has discovered so don't keep studying with the old tecnique rereading. Following these new tecniques could make the time for your studies more effective.
1

Learning how to learn, the gripping course by Barbara Oakley in Coursera

Learning seems to be a natural process in humans. But it is a process that if you understand, it's more easy to be a master in everything that you want to learn. Science, sports, and music are areas where you can use the following concepts:

1. There are conections between neurons called "chunks" that have the ability to save a lot of information in a short space; it's like a ZIP file in our brains. When we learn something new we have mini-chunks that will become  chunks when the information is solid in our brains.

2. The way to create chunks is with 3 steps: focusing in on the information, understanding the main idea, and finally gaining context it's necesary to know how to use the information that we learned and when to use it.

Here is some important advice if you want to track your learning:

-RECALL: When you study the material that you want to use in the future for your test, close the book and talk about the information that you have read or practiced.

-Illusions of competence of learning: You really learn when you can do it yourself, so be careful that you understand how to solve a problem when the solution was created by another person. Or:  when the problem was solved by another person.

-Test yourself: asking questions of yourself  [or: asking yourself questions] is a very good idea because you can avoid    mistakes when the big test comes.

In summary, there are other better ways to learn something that neuroscience has discovered, so don't keep studying with the old technique of rereading. Following these new techniques could make your study time more effective.

Very nice English!  I am a teacher and I recently read the book "Make it Stick" (http://makeitstick.net/) about this subject.  It is an excellent book and backs up all its statements with results from psychological experiments.  I tell all my students about this, and try to incorporate its principles in my classes.