nlptl12
Hi Guys, I am fighting with my employer, I have some hard questions can you please correct them pls? Hi Julian, Thanks for talking with me regarding the half an hour pay deduction for. Thanks for enlightening me about Law as well. In regards to that conversation I wanted to know more about this law as I had following questions so I contacted Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment and they have asked me to refer the Employment Relations Act 2000 (Attached here). But I could not find the answers for following questions. I hope that you can help me. A) Which clause of the law says that an employee should take break after 4.25 hours of starting works? B) Which clause of the law says that an employer is entitled to deduct pay for half hour with out any consultation or communication with employee if employee does not take break? C) When can an employer deduct the wages from the employee's actual hours worked and pay less if employee has done his/her work and his action did not cause any harm to an employer? D) Based on which clause in the law my employer has deducted my wages for the work I did for the week 15.06.2015 to 21.06.2015.? I know you are a very busy person, but if you can answer above questions that wold be much appreciated. Regards
Thanks for your comment. Cheers
I studied law in New Zealand many years ago, and I suspect you are not familiar with the way the legal system works. The act of parliament specifies the rights and obligations of the people and organisations affected by the act, and will usually delegate defining the conditions to a government department who draw up regulations. Ask about the regulations, not the act. That is where you will find your answer.