Minjia
Meeting with Rachael on 2015/07/05 We talked about how Apple music was able to change the music industry. Pronunciation: provide: I tend to drop the "de" sound, which could be confusing. months: I tend to miss the 's' sound. Corrections: feedback loop: this is actually a computer terminology and it can be a good metaphor for getting constant feedback on learning something. "top billboard" and "top 20 hits": both can be used to express the list of songs/music that are currently hits. comfort zone: not "comfortable zone". New words: takes: Making a song usually needs several takes. "takes" is similar to "iterations". niche: used to describe something that only a small group of people like. The music genre I like is a small niche. rake in profit: I knew someone who managed to rake in a huge profit from making kindle books. giveaway: Apple music provides giveaway for the first three months. label: the company that produces musical recordings. a huge cut: One can avoid paying a huge cut by publishing their music on Apple music. home studio post-production lost the edge: the record industry lost its edge. about face: The heads of those labels need to become about-face and learn to take smaller margins. Others: Rachael (I think I mispronunciated your name) also teaches playing musical instruments, such as flute, piano, saxophone. She has a new book on Amazon called "How to Touch Type in English and Hebrew".
The actually the last syllable is said "ly" I'm still working on the Hebrew section of the Touch Typing book. It is meant to be a workbook and you should type every page exactly the way that I have typed it. Have a great day, Rachael
Hi Racheal, I don't quite get it when you say "the last syllable is said li". Can you elaborate it a little bit more? I checked your book on Amazon, the "How to Touch Type in English and Hebrew" has a lot of contents!
Hi Minja, This is a very accurate report of what we did in class today. You still need to work on the letter l. actually the last syllable is said li Have a great day, Rachael