Miranda
Community Tutor
Ice breaker of a presentation Hello everyone, I am preparing an English presentation, below are the article I wrote, Can you help check? Thanks! My name is Miranda, I am from *** team. Currently, I am a coordinator, in charge of ***project. First of all, let me express my great honor and pleasure to be here. I will talk about 3 aspects of myself regarding backgroud, interests and ambitions. 1.Background: Dalian is my hometown, I came to xiamen and joined *** in 2010. Computer science is my major and I thought to be a programmer was cool in the past a few years. I couldn’t imagine that I could be a computer teacher in the first 2 years after graduation and then a technical support engineer. It’s a surprise that I got the chance to join *** and relocated to Xiamen where has clean and blue sky, fresh air and warm winter that my hometown doesn’t have. 2.Interests& ambitions: I value my interests since they always give me new insights into my life. I am passionate about reading, travel and volunteer jobs. Reading makes me keep pace with the world’s development. Travel gives me new perspective of the world. I like using www.couchsurfing.com as a tool to stay with locals and know more new cultures. At the same time, when I was talking with them in English and made friends from different countries, my wishes were fulfilled. Volunteer jobs always come with my trip. Education is the field that I currently focus on, because I believe that better education will lead to a better life. I visited an orphanage as an international volunteer in Nong Khai, Thailand last year and spent more than 1 week there, I taught children Chinese and English. In return, I was treated free accommodation. The children in the oranphage had mirserable lives in the past, some of them are suffering from HIV, some of them were thrown to Thai boxing market to make money or abandoned or abused. However, as long as they were rescued by the oranphange that an American owned, they’re taught to be optimistic about life. I decided to sponsor a smart boy named Kane who is abandoned when he was born. After that, it seems my sarlary is more meaningful. “To make the world a better place” is an aggressive sloagn, as a small potato, at least I can try to be better of myself and help as many people as I can. “we will all be judaged by the courage of our hearts and the love that shared with others”. This is a famous saying of a movie. I wish people who are surrounding me will be better and better! Thank you
1

Ice breaker of a presentation

Hello everyone, I am preparing an English presentation, below is  the article I wrote, Can you help check? Thanks!

My name is Miranda, I am from *** team. Currently, I am a coordinator, in charge of ***project. First of all, let me express my great honor and pleasure to be here. I will talk about 3 aspects of myself regarding backgroud, interests and ambitions.
1.Background:
Dalian is my hometown, I came to Xiamen and joined *** in 2010. Computer science is my major and I thought that being  a programmer was cool for the past few years. I couldn’t imagine that I could be a computer teacher in the first 2 years after graduation and then a technical support engineer. It’s a surprise that I got the chance to join *** and relocated to Xiamen where has clean and blue sky, fresh air and warm winter that my hometown doesn’t have.
2.Interests& ambitions:
I value my interests since they always give me new insights into my life. I am passionate about reading, travel and volunteer jobs. Reading makes me keep pace with the world’s development.
Travel gives me new perspective of the world. I like using www.couchsurfing.com as a tool to stay with locals and know more new cultures. At the same time, when I was talking with them in English and made friends from different countries, my wishes were fulfilled.
Volunteer jobs always come with my trip. Education is the field that I currently focus on, because I believe that better education will lead to a better life. I visited an orphanage as an international volunteer in Nong Khai, Thailand last year and spent more than 1 week there, I taught children Chinese and English. In return, I was provided with  free accommodation. The children in the oranphage had miserable lives in the past, some of them are suffering from HIV, some of them were thrown to Thai boxing market to make money or abandoned or abused. However, as long as they were rescued by the oranphange that an American owned, they’re taught to be optimistic about life. I decided to sponsor a smart boy named Kane who was abandoned when he was born. After that, it seems my sarlary is more meaningful.
“To make the world a better place” is an aggressive sloagn, as a small potato, ( this sounds odd to me ) at least I can try to be better myself and help as many people as I can.
“we will all be jjudged by the courage of our hearts and the love that is shared with others”. This is a famous saying from  a movie. I hope people around  me will be better and better!
Thank you

I used to live in Xiamen! which college are you at? I was at Ligong and then JiDa.