KarinaT
"A teacher is one who makes himself progressively unnecessary" I had to write an essay based on the quote of Thomas Carruthers (an educational theorist). "A teacher is one who makes himself progressively unnecessary." To what extend do you agree or disagree with this opinion? Give reasons for your answer and include any relevant examples from your own knowledge and experience. __________ What a teacher should do? What role have he or she to play to make educational process as efficient as possible? Thomas Carruthets shares his own opinion on this topic. An educational theorist claims that a teacher should eventually become "unnecessary" for his or her pupils. As I understand it, the person who works with children should teach them to study on their own, to get not only personal experience, but personal knowledge as well. I agree with Thomas Carruthers' point of view. The skill of studying and learning without any help of another person is important in the rapidly changing world. And the world is changing constantly. In my opinion, people who are not able to consume such great amount of information would not be able to catch up with the level of human's intelligence. Moreover, after finishing school and university a young person who was taught to study would easily work with any data, he or she would not be afraid of expanding knowledge and finding out new information. To summarize, an educational theorist Thomas Carruthers was fairly right to say that a teacher is "one who makes himself progressively unnecessary". A teacher should only give to pupils essential skills of consuming information and working out knowledge.

"A teacher is one who makes himself progressively unnecessary"

I had to write an essay based on the quote of Thomas Carruthers (an educational theorist).

"A teacher is one who makes himself progressively unnecessary."

To what extend do you agree or disagree with this opinion? Give reasons for your answer and include any relevant examples from your own knowledge and experience.

__________

What should a teacher should do? What role does have he or she have to play to make in making the educational process as efficient as possible? Thomas Carruthets shares his own opinion on this topic. An educational theorist claims that a teacher should eventually become "unnecessary" for his or her pupils. As I understand it, the person who works with children should teach them to study on their own, to get not only personal experience, but personal knowledge as well.

I agree with Thomas Carruthers' point of view. The skill of studying and learning without any help of another person is important in the rapidly changing world. And the world is changing constantly. In my opinion, people who are not able to consume such a great amount of information would not be able to catch up with the level of human's intelligence. Moreover, after finishing school and university a young person who was taught to study would easily work with any data, he or she would not be afraid of expanding his or her knowledge and finding out new information.

To summarize, an educational theorist Thomas Carruthers was fairly right to say that a teacher is "one who makes himself progressively unnecessary". A teacher should only give to pupils the essential skills of consuming information and working out knowledge.